Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion Blu Ray Failure

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tornado Red, Nov 22, 2016.

1. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

My Oppo 103D plays DSOTM and Doors with no problems in quad.

rtalwani likes this.
  2. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

No, it did not.

3. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Mine has the same numbers

4. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

These BD of replacement have only the specified numbers of a matrix, others were not yet.
    The received BD of replacement gives access to the menu, but when choosing Quad mix I automatically switch to a stereo. I do not understand the reason of such switching, all my other BD audio has no such problem.
    I listen to an audio multichannel mix through Yamaha BD-A1040

5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

When you say "I automatically switch to a stereo" do you mean that the menu option reverts to stereo? Or does the menu stay at the 4.0 quad option but it only plays in stereo? Do you know anyone with a Blu-ray player and surround system that you could try your disc on?

6. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Did you guys get any confirmation from them when you sent in your request? I emailed them a couple of weeks ago with a picture of my receipt and address but just got an automated reply. Wondering if I should try again.

7. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

No confirmation.
    At one point in January, a real person did send out an email, but it just said “send us your name and address.” That was it- no other confirmations.

ti-triodes likes this.
  8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I sent two emails and eventually got a response with a request for my address with no need to send in the defective disc.

ti-triodes likes this.
  9. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

Yes, it quite so - options of the menu return me on a stereo. It turns out that my choice does not matter.
    Unfortunately, I have no opportunity to check my copy on other device.

10. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

Just got my replacement disc, mailed 3/14 from the UK.

I’d sent back my physical disc in mid-Jan after sending them an email (didn’t want to leave it to chance). Really appreciate the effort these guys are making to get these out!

superstar19 and mestreech like this.
  11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Good for you. Can you tell me the email address you send the request ? Thanks.

12. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Wake up call.
    After e-mailing them many months ago, after the date of the last replacement programme ended, finally they responded today asking my adress.
    I cant wait. :D

for those still having faulty blu-rays seems another window opens to change them.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    IronWaffle, Hush, drum_cas and 6 others like this.
  13. What is the contact address please?

14. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

[email protected]

JediJoker likes this.
  15. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

JediJoker likes this.
  16. Audionerd

Audionerd Forum Resident

17. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

It's incredibly frustrating when you pay a lot of money for a premium product but get a crap disc that doesn't even play. I will try again to get my replacement DSOTM Bluray

Audionerd and JediJoker like this.
  18. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

I had exactly the same problem. I was so disappointed I sent Wish you were here back for a refund

19. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Sorry, but i have no ideia. if I were you i mailed them anyway. What have you got to loose? The person who mailed back me was quite nice. The problem is to get someone to mail you back, since you receive an automatic response concerning the DSOFTM immersion.
    I took this mail adress from this thread some pages before. I bet someone in here knows the answer to your question.

RiRiIII likes this.
  20. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

21. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

"A few months after release I received a replacement from amazon.co.uk of disc 5 (blu-ray disc), Apparently some customers had reported hearing two separate clicks in the sound on the Blu-ray disc. This new pressing fixes the issue. This corrected version has Matrix / Runout (Disc 5): 294389 DB57658-01" as per Discogs review.

bobcat and JediJoker like this.
  22. David67

David67 Forum Resident

Thanks, I'll check my numbers.

Regarding the replacement program for Wish You Were Here, it ended a long time ago according to an email I received last year from WMG.

Luisboa and JediJoker like this.
  23. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

My replacement blu-ray arrived quite fast (to Portugal) last friday. I havent tested it yet and I can only do it next week but considering that there were no complains about the replacements and assuming that this one is playing fine Im really happy to have this set complete again.
    Anyone else has also received replacements recently?

RiRiIII likes this.
  24. Tiago Fernandes

Tiago Fernandes Forum Resident

Found out about this today when I tried to play my disc. Just sent an email today. Hope to get my replacement disc soon.

RiRiIII and Luisboa like this.
  25. Tiago Fernandes

Tiago Fernandes Forum Resident

Only received the auto-reply so far. Is it normal?

Luisboa likes this.