Pink Floyd - Nakamichi Tapes. How much do we really know about them?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bettsaj, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

You might be confusing the result of the tech (the seperated elements) with the end product (what they did with the seperated elements.

2. BillyMacQ

BillyMacQ Forum Resident

OMFG - what a show to have seen. Two brand new unreleased tracks, most of the newest album WYWH and then all of DSOTM. And Echoes as an encore. Insane! Absolutely insane. I'm completely obsessed with this show/recording at the moment.

If you're a Zep fan, imaging if they'd toured in '75 and opened the show with Achilles and Nobody's Fault But Mine before doing most of Physical Graffiti, all of HOTH and then, say, Stairway as an encore.

If you're a Yes fan, in '75 they open with Parallels followed by Awaken before moving into the Relayer material, followed by all of Close to the Edge with a Heart of the Sunrise encore.

I know these are apples to oranges comparisons, but still.

Unprecedented, no? Where's that time machine...

Love,
    Billy

3. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

The actual Millard masters are starting to circulate, starting with this very show (April 26, 1975). In the past nothing came from better than 1st gen copies, but a friend of Mike and his family did get a hold of his masters and transferred them. Some were done and then returned (and only transferred to DAT), but some have been transferred in 24/96, like the Floyd show. It's at Dime.

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Lovely news. I'm not thrilled with some of the sq on his tapes, but the shows are nothing short of legendary peak classic rock. Worth hearing for that.

5. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Ha, I started downloading this show from Dime earlier this evening, - pretty excited to listen to it (for the 300th time, but this time a transfer from the master tape!)

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Well I did see the Zeppelin hammer in ‘77 and caught Yes in ‘73 and summer of ‘75. Floyd in ‘77 when they played all off WYWH and Animals.

I can die knowing I saw some the finest rock ever to hit a concert stage.

7. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

You certainly did.

quicksrt and hi_watt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.