Pink Floyd RSD 2018 (mono Piper)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

No reason for it to be a fold-down. The original mono mix was released 11 years ago on CD, same mastering team.

andrewskyDE and aphexj like this.
  2. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

they are listed but no P beside the name.

3. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

I have the first mono CD that came out in 1997 I guess. Hope the new record isn’t as loud as that.

dkmonroe likes this.
  4. dkmonroe

That one in the green textured box? That disc was an abomination. Except for the box. The 2007 CD is outstanding.

5. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I don't mean to kill the mood, but have they suggested what this will cost ?
    Given how expensive the single-sided Interstellar Overdrive was (38 euros at my record store, ie 57 dollars or 38 pounds !), I shudder to think what this one's price will be.

E.Baba and Szeppelin75 like this.
  6. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

What a rip-off, it was $20 CDN in Toronto.

7. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Even that seems a little steep for 13 minutes of music recorded 50 years ago !

Brother_Rael likes this.
  8. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Pink Floyd Interstellar Overdrive 12" was $13.99 at the store I bought my copy at on Black Friday RSD.

9. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

What stores did you hit up? Going to try for the same places again? Maybe we'll bump into each other

10. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I paid the same price. Pretty reasonable.

andrewskyDE and Hattipper like this.
  11. dkmonroe

I remember IE being about $13 as well, I just never ventured out to get a copy. I dread the whole stand-in-line-and-lose-it-anyway scenario.

I expect this mono Piper will be about $40 in the US. Regular new Floyd albums list at $29.99, I anticipate about a $10 increase on that for the fancy sleeve and collectible nature. But I could be very wrong, sometimes the RSD price is a bargain and it's afterwards that the scalpers kill ya.

12. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Me too. I'm lucky to have a friend that owns a record store! :pineapple:

andrewskyDE, daveidmarx and dkmonroe like this.
  13. dkmonroe

Ah, so you're one of THOSE people! :laugh:

kronning, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  14. You might need to move then. :tiphat:

andrewskyDE and Neonbeam like this.
  15. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

It’s the read head on the post card sitting by the pool that’s outstanding if you ask me.

timiller likes this.
  16. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

As do I!!! :pineapple:

rontoon likes this.
  17. Markbot

Markbot Forum Resident

I heard that a really cool Pink Floyd fan hooked PF up with source for the Pink Floyd Interstellar Overdrive 12", but was never properly credited. We know the truth though and are very appreciative of all his great efforts over the years.

18. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

I actually am a little disappointed with part of that disc. Just listen to (headphones better)"Pow R Toc H" when the guitar feedback part starts. . . it is a distorted mess, something NOT present on the rip of the U.K. mono.

19. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

Yeah. 13,99 was the regular price. I missed it at my record shop. Bought it for 20 euros from a flipper. Which was quite decent for a resale price (wouldn't pay much more than that).

20. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

To get me up and in line they are really going to have to tell me cutting source. And maybe it is a silly thing to hope for but I wish more people around here would demand the same thing before they lay down their money for anything so perhaps the people putting these things out would think that perhaps it is important to consider and disclose. My UK copy of a Nice Pair will be more than sufficient otherwise.

MrRom92, fretlessrich and Cronverc like this.
  21. dkmonroe

Some seller on eBay has already listed this LP for $125 US. Plus $5 shipping. :thumbsdow

andrewskyDE, troggy and Paully like this.
  22. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

All of Grundman's cuts in the Pink Floyd Records reissue series so far have been from high-resolution digital masters prepared by Guthrie & Plante from the master tapes

23. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

To the seller who has this for $125, i respect the game! There is a line between the art of record flipping and "lets see if there are any morons out there who have money to burn." I know which one this is. Good luck!

oldjollymon and rontoon like this.
  24. dkmonroe

I wonder where that falls in regard to the RSD "pledge" though? If he's a participating vendor, he's not supposed to flog these online. If he's not, then can he be certain that he'll have the item and be able to ship on RSD? I suppose that's not too much of a risk if he has the right contacts, but it's all very skeezy. You'd think one would at least wait until after RSD - surely someone will pay $125 for it after the fact.

25. tables_turning

tables_turning In The Groove

Mine would be too, if the original Piper tracks were used, but there are alternate versions substituted for a few of them on the Nice Pair collection, according to the sleeve notes.

Paully likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.