Pink Floyd The Early Years Blu-Ray Issues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hattipper, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

I have just received the shipment confirmation for all the replacement discs from The Early Years box set:

Thank you for your order from Euro Megastore Eurostore.

You can check the status of your order by logging into your account.

If you have any questions about your order please contact us at [email protected].

Your shipping confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.

lightbulb and SilverCheek like this.
  2. SilverCheek

SilverCheek Forum Resident

Just got the exact same message. Seems they are sending them out in batches.

Adam Pajda likes this.
  3. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident Thread Starter

Finally, dispatching....

SilverCheek likes this.
  4. RustyStatic

RustyStatic Forum Resident

They've gone pretty dark on me (in the US)... last thing I heard was that "we are receiving a higher than normal volume of inquiries due to our current warehouse transition which has caused a delay in our response time", and that was over 10 days ago. I've pinged them twice for some kind of update as I've seen others get confirmation and shipping emails, and haven't gotten a response. Not feeling great about things right now.

5. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Is there anyone here who have individual volumes with BD not showing any signs of rotting and working well and even so asking for a replacement?

6. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Raving & Drooling

I just got my shipping notice today as well... been keeping track of progress on here but , email sent Friday, initial reply yesterday morning, shipping notice this morning... all discs being replaced.

I have the box and asked for all even though some still work, it's a preemptive move on my part and I told them that. It may be different for folks with the individual volumes as they may have fixed the issue on those by that point... hard to say, I'd reach out and tell them you're concerned, if you are etc.

Luisboa likes this.
  7. Tubak

Tubak Well-Known Member

I received this email on Friday and since then ... nothing has happened. I haven't been sent any shipping details or anything.
    Does this happen to anyone else?

8. Hattipper

I was persistent in emailing them, however they warned me at one point that multiple emails would slow the process....I had to noticed they add a new ticket number every time I did. I repeatedly had to verify I bought the set through Amazon UK, although I live in the US. And they asked for pictures of the discs twice. They finally dispatched all of the discs today.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Which e-mail address are you reaching them at? I wanted to avoid sending multiple e-mails but I've heard nothing after sending my initial e-mail 3 weeks ago.

10. Hattipper

11. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Thanks. That's the one I sent to on the 2nd. Their handling of this is all over the place.

12. wpenhall

wpenhall Well-Known Member

I have to admit the process was pretty smooth for me. I wrote "[email protected]" on 10/16 and they sent a confirmation the next day that they received my email. Then on 10/21 they said they would be dispatching the discs shortly. Then on 10/22 Euro Megastore wrote me they were dispatching the discs shortly and then on 10/23 I got the shipment confirmation and tracking number. Pretty easy. But I ordered from Amazon.it and live in Germany, so maybe that helped.

I sent pictures of all the discs and asked for replacements for each. Looks like they are sending me a full new set.

Of course I'm on a business trip right now and won't be home for another two weeks to confirm the quality of what they sent. But assuming they are fine, I have no complaints.

lightbulb and Hattipper like this.
  13. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That’s my point, though. Some are getting prompt replies and shipments while others are getting jerked around about location or for further info that others aren’t being hassled over and some are being ignored.

Hattipper likes this.
  14. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

I sent in My pics, back and front and renamed each pic by using the file list posted here from the original instructions copied and pasted the exact list in the email. And my address too.

Sent it on on OCT 22, got the auto kick back that they are to busy and to wait, just got my notice that dispatch details are coming shortly.

Hattipper likes this.
  15. Cenobyte

I find it odd that some people have had to deal with receipts... there is no mention of receipts in the original messaging. I certainly didn't include one, or even mention anything beyond it being a pre-order/launch day purchase. I bought it at a Canadian HMV, which isn't even a thing anymore... so the receipt is long gone.

I'd suggest that if you haven't started the process yet... when you email them, don't mention receipts, just follow the instructions. Include a brief message, the list of discs you want replaced and the images of each etc. This is what worked for me... looks like the same is true for others.

zinan likes this.
  16. Not odd at all. Some of us said all along it’s best to thorough and attach the proof of purchase just in case. And alas that is the ‘case’.

17. Cenobyte

Hmm guess I'm not sure what you mean by "that is the 'case'" (I've read about the last a quarter of this thread so I may have missed some earlier discussion). As I said I just attached a concerned message along with the disc info I needed replaced and photos of the backs and fronts of all of them. Got the shipping notice 3 business days later.

My point is perhaps that's making things more difficult for some... it's obviously inconsistent on their side, some people are getting dispatched right away, while others are kind of in a holding pattern waiting, and others are having discussions about receipts. That is odd (and inconsistent) to me. :)

18. The whole thing is a little ambiguous, I’ll agree. I had posted upthread about including proof of purchase and someone chimed in that’s not what we were told, etc. I replied that I included it and my discs are on the way. My pun was ‘just in case’ is the case, as it seems they want the proof of purchase. :tiphat:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Cenobyte likes this.
  19. Hattipper

My address was what started my calamity. Then I had to use my receipt to verify I made the purchase in the UK.

Cenobyte and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  20. pathfinder_79

pathfinder_79 Well-Known Member

Today my discs arrived. All 8 were exchanged. However, I have to admit that all discs are not completely flat at the edge. So again slight waves (more visible on some discs and less visible on others). The 1972 Obfusication even looks as bad as my three year old original disc.
    That's quite annoying. We will have the same problem again in three years (or earlier). To be honest, I'm a little perplexed.
    Quality control looks different.

21. Tubak

Tubak Well-Known Member

Murphy's law... yesterday I said I had no news of the replacement discs and today... I have received the 8 discs by registered mail.

[​IMG]

Hattipper and RiRiIII like this.
  22. wpenhall

wpenhall Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I did NOT include my proof of purchase in the email. I just said in the e-mail I had pre-ordered and received the set from Amazon.it. They never then asked me to provide one, but that could be because my I had my discs shipped to my address in Germany.

23. Tubak

Tubak Well-Known Member

One different thing... three of the original box set discs are:

1969 DRAMATIS/ATION PFREY3-BD (EG44894-01 0190295929824 PFREY3BD V2)
    1970 DEVI/ATION PFREY 4-BR (EG45601 0190295929817 PFREY4BD V2)
    1971 REVERBER/ATION PFREY5-BD (EG43099-01 0190295929800 PFREY5BD)

And in the new version...

1969 DRAMATIS/ATION PFREY3-BD (EG63692-01 0190295929824 PFREY3BD V3)
    1970 DEVI/ATION PFREY 4-BR (EG63682-01 0190295929817 PFREY4BD V3)
    1971 REVERBER/ATION PFREY5-BD (EG63688-01 01902959298 PFREY5BD V3)

This 3 Blurays have diferent matrice from the original one...

24. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Which email address did you use?

25. Cenobyte

Don't think I've seen confirmation yet, and apologies if I've missed it, but do we know if the 5.1 mix of Meddle is still included in the Reverber/ation disc itself? For all I know it was removed when they released the individual volumes etc.