Pink Floyd - "The Endless River" -- New Release October 2014 (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, to George-ophiles like myself, the quiet Beatle is the only one that counts. :D

2. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Looking forward to further posts on this thread to discuss how Alan Parsons and Storm Thorgenson were more important than Roger Waters for the success of TDSOTM.
    Go on, don't be afraid... you know you can say it...

mando_dan likes this.
  3. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

That sounds like good times to me.

4. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

Some guy on another forum posted a link of a - supposedly - expanded TDB instrumental that was, according to the poster, leaked a few months ago. It's the jam that starts with the Run Like Hell guitar motif. Since i'm not familliar at all with any of the outtakes from those sessions, maybe some of you could clarify if it's indeed been worked on compared to the initial bootleg...

Also, I don't think it's ok to post links to this kind of things here so you guys can pm me or just find them on the Neptune Pink Floyd forum.

5. mastaflatch

6. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Where is this photo from?

And yeah, that TDB "Run Like Hell" motif outtake (that was taken down due to copyright) sounded pretty good, but there was better ones on there that [pinkrudy] uploaded, IMO.

7. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Hey, Ringo has a couple sole writing credits with The Beatles too

8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Yeah, it's just those Lennon/McCartney morons who couldn't manage to write songs by themselves. And yet they get all the credit. Harumpf.

fallbreaks likes this.
  9. mastaflatch

i don't know where it's from originally but i lifted it from the aforementioned PF forum.

10. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Look! It's Pink Floyd!

11. JMike

JMike Forum Resident

He didn't lip sync on every song. Some he sang completely live, some he sang live on part/lip synced on part, and some entirely lip synced. Amazing show, but this was a bit of a bummer. The Thin Ice is one, to my knowledge, that he sang completely live. And an example of, in my opinion, why should have attempted all the vocals live. At the 2 shows I saw (and recordings I've heard) he sounded great on this song and the other ones that he did live. I've always thought he could have done pretty much the whole thing, but it's more an issue of 1. confidence in his vocal ability 2. Perfectionism/obsessiveness. A few years back when he did In The Flesh with the Foo Fighters on Jimmy Fallon it was totally live. It wasn't as perfect vocally as what was being heard every night at The Wall shows, but it was good I'd definitely take it over recordings.

Anyway. Just realized this could completely derail this thread further.

How bout that new album??

12. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

Because he is.
    You aren't making good sense. You are making no point. It would seem your imagination is taking over because you are wishing to be contentious at all costs.

13. Pupalei

Pupalei Active Member

He is implying (correctly) that Richard Wright had very little to do with A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

And I figured that out after 6 shots of tequila. Just saying.

Music Geek likes this.
  14. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

This thread seems to have lost its pace.

Perhaps everyone has figured out that Roger Waters isn't on the album, there is no reason for him to be on the album and there will be no tour.

I'm glad we're all up to speed.

15. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

To briefly respond to the lip sync thing: on the In The Flesh live album, the line in the high register on Every Stranger's Eyes ("...and now, from where I stand..." etc.) is completely lifted from the 1984 studio recording! If Waters had to lip sync, couldn't he at least have re-recorded that line in the studio? Really terrible.

Rooster_Ties and Billy Infinity like this.
  16. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

I think when it comes to PF, the lyrics are important..important that I'm not listening to Syd Barret that is. Cannot stand any PF of that era and never got it. Childish junk.

17. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I happened to watch that little 2003 documentary about DSOTM the other night and this quote stood out to me:

"The big move forward with Dark Side of the Moon was Roger's coming of age lyrically and having the ideas and intelligence to take a subject and examine it in all its parts in all those different songs." --David Gilmour

One Louder likes this.
  18. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

I understand that you don't like the Barrett era, but to call it childish junk is such rubbish.

tedhead, Pancat, One Louder and 6 others like this.
  19. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Ok I'll take that back. I don't like the Barrett era, but I'll show it some respect.

20. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Part of me would love to have Roger involved in these recordings, but from what I can tell, the point of them is to honor Rick and they're based on recordings that were originally made without Roger's input, so it would difficult to impose some sort of lyrical theme on top of the existing music.

BUT.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I could see David and Nick honoring Rick with this album before moving on to a project that includes Roger.

One Louder likes this.
  21. Tristero

Maybe a song or two, another little nod in the gradually thawing relations between them, but I really can't see them working together extensively again.

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  22. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

I like Syd. I like Roger. I like David. I like Nick & Richard.

at least they are releasing new music & not sitting on their arses

it *would* be nice to get another Waters/Gilmour collaboration, those two are perfect compliments to one another, in style

oh well

One Louder and Big Pasi like this.
  23. boots

boots Chokma!

I doubt Syd is releasing anything new.

24. Tristero

Well, they could always go back to more of the unreleased material there as well. Many fans, myself included, are still hankering for that Syd era set Mason spoke of some time back.

PhoffiFozz and Andersoncouncil like this.
  25. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

You never know... If Nick Mason needs a new Ferrari they will come up with "Free As A Psychedelic Bird" and "Real Trippy Love"...

Pupalei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.