Plaid Room Records 6th Anniversary Sale (in store and online)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Grabbed a UHQR Hendrix for $116.00 out the door with free ship.
    Acoustic sounds wanted $139.00....:bdance:

They have Eldorado mfsl lp for $46 as well.

hutlock likes this.
  2. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Well I caved...they had 1 copy of Jeff Beck Truth MOFI that was labeled as damaged cover...so...we'll see but I couldn't resist. Picked that up with the RSD Collective Soul.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

And the Muddy Waters one-step.

TxRangersFan likes this.
  4. hutlock

I have bought plenty of their “damaged” stock before and nothing has ever been worse than maybe a slightly crushed corner or a small seam split. Some haven’t even had that much wrong. If you’re like me and you would rather save a few bucks than fuss over the condition of a cover, it’s a great way to go!

5. masterbucket

I see they have the MFSL Alan Parsons Project still in stock too.

1 copy of Stampede mfsl sacd
    1 copy of Chicago VI mfsl sacd.

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

They actually have an “Audiophile” section on the site. Lots of cool stuff that can be had for a 15% discount at least.

Audiophile In Stock

7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Doors LA Woman Sessions RSD 4LP $57.80

TheSeldomSeenKid and hutlock like this.
  8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Plaid Room put up a LOT of new 'damaged' LP's since I visited their site last night.

hutlock likes this.
  9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

That was my main purchase in my order I mentioned yesterday, as passed originally at $85, figuring I could live with Songs on CDs in the 50th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set, which ironically I finally just ordered one day before seeing the Plaidroom Sale, so now, I will have both of those L.A. Women Deluxe Box Sets in my Collection. I just had put off obtaining a Few Deluxe Box Sets released in the past year, with plans to buy them later.

Just need to ask myself if time will allow to play all of my Deluxe Box Sets often, but in some cases it cost me a lot more money by waiting to buy a few of them(especially the Bowie ‘Station to Station’ Super Deluxe Box Set, but I passed on that one and bought the smaller 3 CDs Set in 2010, as did not think I would get into Vinyl, and also was not aware the Super Deluxe Box Set contained the RCA CD).

10. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I figured you would know living in Cleveland, and wanted to ask if Plaidroom runs this sale every Summer around late June, as I do not recall getting an email on one last June?

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

Yeah, last year they did a Fall sale in late September but not a Summer sale. They also had a (sort of random) 6th Anniversary Sale, so I don’t think there is really any rhyme or reason to when they decide to do them.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The Doors 50th deluxe box is selling for $40.80 on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/L-Woman-50th-Anniversary-Deluxe/dp/B096CT1Y7W

(If purchased from Target on their buy2, get 1 free deal, it was about $34)

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  13. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Just placed my 3rd and hopefully final order of the sale

Tjazz and hutlock like this.
  14. masterbucket

15. hutlock

Yup! And to keep the Doors theme going… This one can be had from the Scratch & Dent section for $28.89 after the 15% off:

[DAMAGED] The Doors - Morrison Hotel Sessions [2-lp]

hype, J Luc and Tjazz like this.
  16. hype

hype Forum Resident

I was thinking about that until I seen on discogs that it's been hitting the $20 mark for awhile brand new. Just throwing it out there since it says sold out at Plaidroom now. Nice to see some of the quality RSD releases getting to much more reasonable prices though!

hutlock likes this.
  17. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

Yeah, I was the member that jumped on that as well as talking myself into the LA Woman Sessions despite having told myself that I didn't need it on RSD. But the LA Woman Sessions was under $58 shipped so I grabbed it as well as the scratch and dent Morrison Hotel Sessions. I did look at the Morrison Hotel Session copies on Discogs that were around $20 before making a decision, but with shipping and taxes, it would be a wash so I went ahead and added it to the cart. No self control......

hype likes this.
  18. hype

hype Forum Resident

Not a bad choice at all since you know it will be shipped extremely well by Plaidroom as well. That LA Woman Sessions is the one thing I really wanted but held back on due to recent buying craziness. Looks like a great set though!

Swordsandchains likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.