Plastic Ono Band box coming in 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Nov 26, 2020.

1. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Do you think Yoko regrets saying it? Remember,she said it first, plus she’s the inspiration and “co-writer”... or does she get a pass? I’m sure she does.

They could possibly do Milk & Honey. I don’t really know. IMO John’s songs should be with Double Fantasy when it is released. Especially since they could very possibly include the demo tape he sent Jack Douglas. Then they could put the sessions on there as well. Also, whatever Yoko did extra in 1980, like Walking On Thin Ice and Nobody Sees Me Like You Do-hu-hu-hu. But not her M&H songs, though a few of them are pretty good.

I didn’t care for the GST remix of Nobody Told Me. It was missing something to my ears. I preferred I’m Stepping Out on GST.

lordcat likes this.
  2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I mean, if you're talking about professional consequences being more prevalent now than they were then, I get it. If you're just saying "man, people didn't get so easily upset about things once upon a time", then, not so much.

ARK and hidlive like this.
  3. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

This is all way off topic for this album release but I’ll bite.
    I think this quote shows so many differences between the eras. A host who refused to censor his guests. An audience who demanded to be treated like adults with the ability to be offended... or not.

It’s just not there anymore. Maybe I’m looking back at the past and putting on rose colored glasses. But it feels fundamentally changed.

4. lemonjello

lemonjello Forum Resident

Unless i missed it, i don’t think anyone answered you...

The Mofi is the same 2000 remix, but a different mastering. For that remix, i prefer the mofi.

Cheers,
    Jake

5. peteham

peteham Senior Member

I don't think you're alone in that perspective.

6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

thanks!

7. green_ovation

You are not alone. Times have definitely changed

8. Sis+erRay

Sis+erRay Forum Resident

The album is not included in its original form here anyway. This box is about remixes and bonus tracks. If you want the original form, you can buy it everywhere...

ARK and Cristiano Cortellazzi like this.
  9. Luftveraenderung

Luftveraenderung Nur ich & ich & ich & Tinitus.

Thanks for your kind reply and understanding my point of view.

Also thanks to al the other posters who don’t agree with me. Sorry I caused such a fuzz! I understand now, that most of you see this release as an ‘archive release’ instead of a updated version of the original, which I was looking for, included with some bonus material.

I didn’t realise this. Thanks! I’ll probably go for this one then. I’m just looking for a new copy of the record that has been updated soundwise. I already own it on a crappy record and the 2000 cd.

leeroy jenkins, jlf, fishcane and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm surprised that The Other Me has cropped up in the conversation so soon :)

11. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

I had already reached a view that this was an album where the surround mix might not add an awful lot ( and I have bought a fair few box editions just to get the surround). Having now read the track list the one thing that does appeal to me is the rock and roll jam disc. It is however not available to me needless to say without paying the huge £$ for the box.

12. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

For me, Nobody Told Me was one of the most disappointing remixes on GST. Was very happy to lose some reverb but the power of the track is gone. After John's strident '3-4' count in the instruments arrive like a wet lettuce. The whole GST project sounded a rush job to me - amazingly so - and is the reason I'm wary of this new JL/PO Band project. My fingers are crossed - I so badly want them to have made a great job of it - but until I hear more tracks, I'll be keeping my money in my pocket.

13. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

GST may have been a rush job to get everything done in time for the 80th birthday especially in view of the pandemic impact.

I think JL/POB was done before GST and probably right after Imagine was completed in 2018. So it’s likely that it wasn’t rushed and they took their time with the material (especially finding the right takes to include or putting together the evolution documentaries). Whether it produces a better sounding release, we’ll know on April 16th...

14. green_ovation

It wouldn't surprise me if they have all the albums remixed by now.

Wingsfan2012 and dtuck90 like this.
  15. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Does any place have it cheaper than Amazon at the moment?

16. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

mrjinks, Wingsfan2012 and bluesbro like this.
  17. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

18. hidlive

hidlive made you look

well, if one were to play around with the 7.1 mix channels of the song, the reverb can be removed almost completely, leaving a VERY dry sound. but i'll say nothing more.... :shh:

19. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Got mine:cool:

Pre-ordered
    We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

Track package
    [​IMG]
    Plastic Ono Band
    John Lennon
    Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
    $13.98
    Condition: New

Add gift option
    Release date: Friday, April 16, 2021

20. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Kids history lesson, night 3
    [​IMG]

21. lordcat

lordcat Forum Resident

£86.66 on Amazon UK...dirt cheap...I expected something like £140.

How many of us over the last few years would of paid £86/$120 for even a double CD bootleg containing outtakes of Cold turkey and Instant Karma alone!

22. lordcat

lordcat Forum Resident

23. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

£86.65, now! ;)

(with this and The Who Sell Out SDE released within a week of each other, every penny counts!)

FJFP and lordcat like this.
  24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Cracking doc that, streamed it the other night, nice build up to the Boxset release.

Nosferatuz and fishcane like this.
  25. sambamaster

sambamaster Forum Resident

It's still 86 Euros from Amazon France, which according to some converter I used, is 74 pounds. Of course shipping and import taxes may totally offset that, but if you have a friend coming over to the UK from France....!!!!! I live in Italy, so it's a no brainer...Amazon Italy has it for something like 115-120 Euros! Insanity.