Playing It Over And Over!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Luvtemps, May 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wow many times have you played a favorite song in succession before playing another?...for me[5 times in a row] -the song-Girl Why Wanna Make Me Blue-Temptations...I REALLY love this song!!

2. Brettlowden

Brettlowden Forum Resident

"Johnny" by Sarah Jerosz.
    Awesome production awesome talent, great song.

3. Brettlowden

Brettlowden Forum Resident

7 or 8 times in a row. Hear something new every time

4. elgoodo

elgoodo Forum Resident

"Outfit" by Starz. I used to put it on repeat on my ipod when I discovered it. A classic of sleaze power pop!

5. musicarus

musicarus Forum Resident

In it for the Money and other Supergrass. Just super, man….

6. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

The Byrds - You're Still on My Mind :)
    Great singing by Gram Parsons. Never tired listen to it

fndrblndr likes this.
  7. Doomster

Doomster Forum Resident

Lots to note, but the ones that stick out in my memory are:

- Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood - Some Velvet Morning ... did that about 5 times in a row when I first heard it.
    - Tim Buckley - Song to the Siren ... discovered it working back through Plant and Frusciante covers, which of course can't touch the original
    - Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat - lyrically mysterious and melodically entrancing, it almost felt like a romantic puzzle you had to keep listening to

timind, iainoco and CliffL like this.
  8. Jowcol

Jowcol Forum Resident

Once listened to the side long, live 8 Miles High from The Byrds “Untitled” 14 times in one day. Most, but not all of them, consecutive, but with nothing else in between.

Cryptical17 likes this.
  9. Cryptical17

Cryptical17 Forum Resident

One of my favorite extended side long tracks. I love the guitar interplay between Roger McGuinn and Clarence White. And then the bass and drums of Skip Battin and Gene Parsons.

Dan Steele likes this.
  10. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

about three or four years back, my little boy got hooked on the opening song from Sgt Pepper's... it's only 2 minutes long, but that's all he would listen to on the CD as we took him to pre-school in the morning... it was a thirty minute drive, so he could listen to it 15 times on the way to pre-school and 15 times on the way back... no kidding... five days a week... so, that's 30 times a day or 150 times in a week... for six weeks... when he finally let us play With a Little Help from My Friends, I fell in love with it, which is a song I've never liked in my life, but I was so grateful not to hear the title track anymore...

11. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

My friends and I got thrown out of a bar for playing Ebony and Ivory over and over. It was a quarter a song, we put in $5 worth of quarters. I think they eventually unplugged the jukebox.

12. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Would have to be Hatebreeders by The Misfits. I came home from work on what was the first day of an extended vacation... was feeling extra jazzed and probably played the song nearly 30 times before moving on. Lol. It's a catchy one!

13. Jowcol

Jowcol Forum Resident

We did a similar thing with “Sultanesque”, the B side of Roxy Music “Love Is The Drug”. Safe to say it’s a lot less listener friendly than “Ebony & Ivory”.
    The landlord not only unplugged the jukebox, he told us to leave and never return!

Galeans likes this.
  14. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I'm not really one to repeat songs.... I have been known to play an album that grabbed me, a few times in a week, but that's about it.

There were time when transcribing that i needed to listen to songs for a while, but that's a very different thing, and it isn't anything like listening to a song really.

15. Picca

Picca Forum Resident

Recently I've played Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell ad nauseam

Paul Gase and happysunshine like this.
  16. happysunshine

happysunshine Tillverkningen av Salubrin startades 1893

I once spent an entire sleepless night listening to ”Aumgn” by Can on repeat. 25 times in a row perhaps? I thought the track had ”magical powers” or something. I was 18. Jesus.

17. happysunshine

happysunshine Tillverkningen av Salubrin startades 1893

That’s the only way to listen to that song.

18. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

try the version that the Bryds are covering... sublime:

Umbari likes this.
  19. Julio Alejandro

Julio Alejandro Well-Known Member

A whole day with the same song

20. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

2 former bandmates of mine drove me crackers popping a CD into the player in the car and listening to one song over and over again, and I was frustrated because I wanted to hear the whole album. I was an album guy and remain so. They were simply song guys (and remain so).

21. Doomster

Doomster Forum Resident

Agree with this - my nominations above were the exceptions and not the rule ((i.e. where there was a song simply so transcendental, you just had to go back to it and also, in one case helped by Tim Buckley's Starsailor being so inaccessible, bar Song to the Siren!).

22. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

When I play the Macarena...20 times in a row MINIMUM!

23. Doomster

Doomster Forum Resident

with all the moves too, I would expect.

Good workout :)

theMot likes this.
  24. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Did you see her face in the wires? Did you hear her voice in the whine?

Picca likes this.
  25. Joy-of-radio

Joy-of-radio Forum Resident

There is good and bad in everyone!

When I was a teenage boy, I discovered the flip side of the single Love Hurts by the pop band Nazareth had naughty words. Me and some friends played it repeatedly on the Waffle House jukebox until one of the waitresses yanked its power cord out of the wall!

Last edited: May 18, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.