Please help identify this piece of music ("The British are coming")...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by trhunnicutt, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

Hope you folks can help me. About 1973-1974, when I was a kid of 8 or 9, my dad played a piece of music on a Reel to Reel machine. He was your typical audiophile of the day. Big box speakers in the den, listening by sitting on the middle of the floor with the lights out.

The piece of music used to scare the %$*@ out of me. I think it was music about the Revolutionary War. All I remember is this one section that starts out with horse hoofs clapping on cobblestones. Starting real quiet, then getting louder and louder. A voice breaks out in the middle -- "The British are coming... The British are coming"... Spooky.

Now that I have my own high-end setup, I'd love to find that piece and play it in memory of my father who passed away only a couple of years after he played that for me as a kid.

Any ideas? Thoughts? I appreciate in advance all of the assistance.

Warm Regards,

Tom Hunnicutt

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Think it was an Audio Fidelity tape. They made a few SFX records too, same thing. Lots of wild effects, with unsurpassed realism.

Question would be, which one?

3. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member Thread Starter

Sckott,

Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on tracking down those Audio Fidelity tapes to locate the correct one?

TRH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.