Polish 2022 film “EO”

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Houseplants, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Houseplants

Houseplants Forum Resident Thread Starter

This was a great film. Lead character is a donkey. Parts felt high art. Parts bad foreign comedy. Part nature documentary.

Bruce Racket and longdist01 like this.
  2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Eo is available on The Criterion Channel, my family watched it over the weekend. It’s not your typical movie, that’s for sure. It’s a fresh and honest look at how humans interact with animals, the good and the very bad.

Houseplants likes this.
  3. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

Wonderful movie. Was bummed all quiet was around to make it basically guaranteed not to win best foreign film.

Houseplants likes this.
  4. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

Looks very interesting. I will check it out for sure. Thanks for posting it.

Houseplants likes this.
  5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I watched this recently while on a trip, but was tired when it got to the end, and I'm not sure I got what happened. I saw where EO ended up at the estate where Isabelle Huppert was. But how did this end? Did EO just end up in another situation he couldn't understand?

Would have been nice if it ended with some vicious beating of the soccer hooligan's, but I know that isn't what happened.

6. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I have been thinking about streaming this movie, and now (April 2024), it is now available on MAX. Will watch it soon.