Poll--The Weakest Link: Squeeze ARGYBARGY, Round 4

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

"There At The Top" has hit the bottom. Six songs and all of side 1 is still here. One more must go. Vote for your next weakest link.

Discussion question: How many copies of Argybargy do you have?
    (If remasters/deluxe editions, please don't discuss the bonus tracks, that's an upcoming question)

Who wish that she wouldn't......................

There At The Top (Round 3)
    Farfisa Beat (Round 2)
    Vicky Verky (Round 2)
    Here Comes That Feeling (Round 1)
    Wrong Side Of The Moon (Round 1)

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Just the one.

3. Bob Lamonta

Bob Lamonta Forum Resident

I voted Go-Go again, but I bet Misadventure goes this round. What's the earliest known pop song with the Miss Pun in it? Misadventure surely isn't the first, but it definitely wasn't the last either. A lesser-known "power pop" group from the 90s, The Honeydogs, had a great one called Miss Anne Thrope. Part of their awesome and overlooked "10,000 Years" album, which was championed by Michael Penn and Aimee Mann.

I have Argy on vinyl ($7 find this summer) and the Deluxe Edition, which is a really great offering. In addition to the aforementioned bonus tracks, there's the complete 1980 Hammersmith Odeon show, which is just wall-to-wall energy. Gives The Attractions a run for their money!

4. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

Separate Beds yet again
    Maybe I need to listen to it again. I don't remember it being anything special. Maybe it was just coming after those two great opening songs that it seemed a lesser song to me.

Edit: nope, I just listened to it again. I think it is among the weakest songs.

DQ: Just one vinyl copy

5. LandHorses

I only have the 1987 A&M CD. (I thought I bought the deluxe edition, but don’t see it).

I originally had the cassette, but long gone.

6. County50

County50 Forum Resident

I had the cassette years ago when Argy Bargy came out and picked up the cd about 10 years ago.

One of the few albums that I can play straight through without skipping tunes.

7. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru

"Go-go" for me.

DQ: After wondering aloud in the first thread if I had this album on cassette, I finally remembered to look at the shelf, and sure enough, it was there.

I should take it, along with a few others, to the office, where I have a boom box that can still play a cassette tape.

JcS

8. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

I have original US vinyl
    Single cd
    Deluxe edition cd

9. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

"I Think I'm Go-Go"
    Just the same copy I got for my birthday in 1980.

10. LandHorses

11. LandHorses

12. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I was going to post the Rod Stewart song of this title but lo and behold, Connie Stevens in 1963:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.