Poll: Which version of Sandoval's updated Monkees book are you purchasing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Mc, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

No need to panic.

It will get here when it shows up. :winkgrin:

Sammy Banderas and BobT like this.
  2. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

That's awesome! Today I just got an email that my book is on the way.

BobT and spsimmons like this.
  3. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Mine shipped to Russia too. I guess the only copy to go there.

RobRoyF and Brian Mc like this.
  4. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

What's your number?

5. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I just got a shipping notice for my Super Deluxe Edition. Shipped via UPS.

BobT likes this.
  6. nesfan1964

nesfan1964 Forum Resident

I just checked my emails and mine too has been posted. I will let you know how long it takes to reach the UK. I am getting the Super Deluxe Edition.

apple-richard likes this.
  7. MichelleOR

MichelleOR Forum Resident

I like checking here for Monkees' threads, to keep up with the latest... but, I had slacked off and didn't see this thread until a few days ago.

I ordered the Super Deluxe Edition.... and received my "order is on the way" email today!

Can't wait to see it!:wiggle:

Brian Mc and apple-richard like this.
  8. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

I ordered all 3 versions the day the books went up for preorder. I paid for overnight shipping, and I haven’t received a shipping notice yet. I know they’ll arrive when they arrive. But, I can’t help but be a bit disappointed. I’m happy for everyone who has received their books and shipping notices!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Michael and apple-richard like this.
  9. spsimmons

spsimmons Forum Resident

I got the unnumbered flexi bound version

BobT likes this.
  10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

you need to get a refund on the shipping! that is wrong...OVERNITE? well you did not get that did you. I'd be pissed...

11. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

Looks like there's been a very unfortunate oversight on the part of Beatland Books. Your attitude is commendable, but, yeah, I'd definitely ask Andrew "What's Up With That?"

12. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I think the overnight shipping is only relative to when the item is actually shipped. If your books happen to be last in line to be shipped (hopefully, they’re not) you should still get them the next day even though you would potentially be the last person to actually receive them (which, again, is hopefully not the case).

13. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

I definitely understand that overnight only applies to when the books ship. And that’s why I’m doing my best to be cool with this.

That being said, I reserved my books at the very beginning of this process, and paid for them the day that Beatland began accepting payments. My order number is 1024. Didn’t someone post here last Friday, with order number 1025, and say that their order had shipped? That most definitely shows that the books aren’t going out by order number.

I’m not asking for preferential treatment. But, I paid $153 dollars for overnight shipping. Knowing that an order, placed after mine, was shipped last Friday really stings. I think if Andrew was in California to ship out the books this wouldn’t have happened. It isn’t his fault the books got held up in transit for as long as they did.

I guess it is what it is.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  14. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Sell me on this … I love the monkees but what’s left to say? Is there more to read?

15. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

There’s nothing left to sell. 2000 books were made, and they are all sold. There will not be a second printing.

16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

If you decide you want it later, you're going to have to pay. Other than that, it depends on how much you want to know. If you liked the original day-by-day book, this one has another 300 or so pages (I'm not sure on the actual number). Apparently the 1967 legal documents add a lot of extra information and clarity to their situation. Plus it's in glorious color.

905 and BobT like this.
  17. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Luxury! I didn’t even get an order #.

PhoffiFozz likes this.
  18. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Wait, where did you check your order?

19. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Maybe the multi-orders are going out last, because I did the same and haven't seen a shipping notice. We've got time, but I understand how you're feeling!

intv7 and factory44 like this.
  20. nesfan1964

nesfan1964 Forum Resident

I now have a tracking price indicating delivery will be on 4.10.21 by UPS.

FJFP likes this.
  21. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Very exciting! I haven't got my notification to the UK yet, but I'll be looking out for it.

22. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

From Twitter...
    Andrew Sandoval

@cometothesun

·
    3h

Yes, when your book ships, you will get a tracking #. It is estimated that all books will ship this week.
    Quote Tweet

· 6h
    Replying to @cometothesun
    Logistical question: will they email us tracking numbers?

23. RobRoyF

RobRoyF Forum Resident

Good to see a Russian fan, there could be more? Hope you get your book very soon.

hallucalation likes this.
  24. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

I think you're on to something here. I haven't read the thread forensically but it seems like all the people who got shipping notices so far are those who purchased a single edition. One would think that they'd either do the "hard stuff" first, i.e., the multiple edition orders, especially if they're going to attempt shipping them in one or as few containers as possible - or have a plan to be doing both singles and multiples in parallel.

Just goes to show how coveted and anticipated this release is with its target audience - we all just want to see it. :)

25. Paul Sofronoff

Paul Sofronoff The Last Earbender

Order #1340 on its way to Australia. Estimated arrival 6 Oct. cannot wait!

FJFP and BobT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.