POLL: Would this look better in my audio room, or....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

I would try to find real vintage sign. That way the cheesiness is endearing.

2. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

I thought that was the title of the next Guns 'N Roses title Axl has been working on?!? Or am I getting confused that long lost Frank Zappa thing??

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  3. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

Why not find something similarly big and electric that says "Charmin", and put it right above (below) your toilet paper holder? Brand loyalty galore - and fun! :uhhuh:

4. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

:wtf:

5. TheVinylAddict

Yeah, I think you might be getting this confused with the white zone being for loading and unloading only... but I do think Zappa was working on something with a sketchy hooker bar in Canoga Park.... but it was never released.

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  6. TheVinylAddict

Now THAT looks like a room that say "put your feet up and relax!" Is the tint / lighting a camera effect or from the room lighting??

SandAndGlass likes this.
  7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

It's a lighting strip from Amazon.

LEDwholesalers 12-Volt 16.4-ft RGB Color-Changing Kit with Controller and IR Remote, Power Supply, and LED Strip in White PCB, 2034RGB-R2+3369+3208

[​IMG]

$24.99 from Amazon Prime.

[​IMG]

In the photo's, the "white" that you see is just overexposure on the smartphone camera.

[​IMG]

You can program the remote to almost any color, strobe light, changing colors...

It's the best $25 room addition that I have ever spent! I can have it on as an accent light during the day and a fairly bright room light at night after I turn off the overhead fluorescents. Then I can dim it down for later in the evening.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  8. TheVinylAddict

That is too cool - thanks for the link! I can already think of a couple of applications - I have a 75ft x 15 ft covered patio in back where I entertain friends during the cooler times of year... that would be perfect for a little mood lighting!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Oh, no, no. Are you kidding, you're going to cook your components!

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I LOVE that sign!

SandAndGlass and TheVinylAddict like this.
  11. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Maybe I'm just getting confused with the times I was getting loaded at a sketchy hooker bar...business meeting, of course!

Sneaky Pete and SandAndGlass like this.
  12. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The obvious solution is to build a Lounge preamp inside the sign.

Sneaky Pete and SandAndGlass like this.
  13. TheVinylAddict

Thanks! Seeing some of your posts how you repurpose TT's creatively, find and appreciate old speakers, etc I can see how you'd appreciate it!

I probably didn't do a good job of photographing - the build quality is high, the metal is thick, the wiring is high quality - it is a well built silly little sign! That's why I bought it - it made me think of the heavy duty, thick chassised well made Lounge LCR!!

Cheers.

SandAndGlass and Ghostworld like this.
  14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Thats awesome. You get the feeling it might have been from the NBC green room or the Mudd Club. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat and proudly hung it in my room!

15. TheVinylAddict

Hmmmm.... something tells me I'd have a tough time convincing the proprietor of Lounge.... but a creative idea!

I noticed he hasn't chimed in on the thread, he's probably going to send me a nice email soon, and is probably horrified that this could be coming his way soon! But he has a great sense of humor / irony.... or I wouldn't have done this!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  16. TheVinylAddict

Of course.

Plus, you'd have to ask our resident expert @Helom about the details of said bars.... it was his idea!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. TheVinylAddict

BTW, to be honest, my wife has already put the keibash (sic?) on it being a permanent fixture in my main room (aka front room), but I do have a woodshop with a HT / 2-channel system that this would go PERFECTLY in!!! Plus, the woodshop TT will have a Lounge LCR as the phono preamp!

BUT --- the voting says it's going up to Lounge at this point --- have to honor my commitments!

SandAndGlass and Ghostworld like this.
  18. TheVinylAddict

See an earlier post - that was for photo purposes / amusement only!

I disconnected all the components just for the shot....

19. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Just a hint. Any colored lighting is more effective when it is reflected on a white surface.

20. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I tried but I don’t have any third party app or account for sharing mr photographs. I used to share pics on this forum back in the old days.

21. TheVinylAddict

I only got my imgur.com account set up a few weeks ago myself - the first 10 or so months on the forum I wasn't able to share photos either....

SandAndGlass and Sneaky Pete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.