Poly Sleeves for LP Box Sets?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by kdbrink, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdbrink

kdbrink Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm not so sure this is the correct category to post this, but:

Does anyone know where I can get poly sleeves for LP box sets that are about 2" in width? I have the ones from Sleevetown, and they are not large enough.

2. Oddio

Oddio Forum Resident

Yes, that would be a good thing. I usually keep them wrapped in a plastic lp bag, but it looks pretty lame.

3. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

I would just 'modify' a couple regular sized poly sleeves with some scissors and tape.

EasterEverywhere likes this.
  4. Would these work for you?

They are a wee bit thin (at 2 mil) but are 14" x 14".

5. I've used those and can get some of the bigger Bear Family sets in them (although it's a tight fit).

6. kdbrink

I looked at those, but am unsure about what width they would work with. They are larger than the sleevetown.com bags.

7. xyyyy

xyyyy Forum Resident

Agree, Sleevetown's are too small for boxed sets that I need them for.:shake:

8. mistermuse

mistermuse Forum Resident

Yea, my new Joanna Newsom has no protection, my Sleevetown sleeves won't fit.

9. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Go to Bags Unlimited (http://www.bagsunlimited.com). The have what you are looking for. I bought 100 of the box set bags years ago, they work great.

10. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

I received as a sample Bags Unlimited SBLP2 14x14-1/4 2mil.

It fits on the slightly smaller Pink Floyd Echoes box, but not what I would consider a standard LP box size like the Zeppelin Mothership box. I have done the slice n' dice to make sleeves for my boxes from standard 6mil sleeves & clear packing tape. Not the best solution as it leaves 1/2 inch at the tops exposed.

11. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Thanks ,I ask for a sample too hope they work.I could never Find a Japanese one:(

12. kdbrink

I'm still looking too.

13. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Bump, for recommendations on sleeves for larger LP-sized boxes.

An LP box is about 12.5" X 12.5", plus you have to account for the thickness of the box. The bags that are about 14" X 14" work if the LP box is one inch thick, but are too small if the LP box is two inches thick.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  14. Great thread topic.

I need some of these too!

ex_mixer likes this.
  15. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

Agreed.

16. kdbrink

I'm still looking!

17. oklahoma001

oklahoma001 Forum Resident

I cut up 2 regular 12" sleeves and taped them together to protect my Smile boxset. Looks alright and it has a flap on top so it does the job.

18. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Bump! I'm still looking for bags that will fit my thicker box sets, like Bear Family box sets.

19. nelsorp

nelsorp Well-Known Member

good info. this has been an ongoing issue I've had. so many great boxes with no options for sleeves...

20. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

21. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

+1

22. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I bought some "double oversize" sleeves from squaredeal off amazon. They are good for the bigger gatefolds not box sets. I was in the Princeton Record Exchange and they had some that I picked up. I think these were 14x14. I was able to get most of my boxes in them (e.g Janis 5lp, Metallica Black 4lp 45rpm). Still can't find a sleeve to get my Grrrr! box set in.

23. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

I do this.

24. attym

attym Forum Resident

I need a sleeve for my 45 Blonde on Blonde and my Zeppelin Song Remains The Same Box... I don't feel like buying 50.

25. heitertjs

heitertjs New Member

If you could give me the box set thickness dimension and the box set width dimension, I will be able to determine whether one of the custom polypro sleeves I had made will fit your Stones Grrrr! boxset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.