PopMarket customer service?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by zphage, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Hi -
    They suck.
    That is all...

:)

Mazzy likes this.
  2. Yeah straight to the point :tiphat:

3. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

This is a copy of an Email I just sent off to Pop Market. I dont really expect a satisfactory reply, but who knows.

Hi Lyneth.Let me chronicle for you why I am dissatisfied with Pop Market

Order ID:6720BC6E90 28th March Art Blakey & Dexter Gordon - Blue Note Jazz Official Collectors T-Shirt and Vinyl bundle (With Medium T-Shirt)
    This was my first order from Pop Market. Despite numerous requests I never got a satisfactory answer as to why the product did not ship. I felt that I was dealing with a politician who was always looking for a way to avoid answering my question.

Eventually I had no choice after 4 months but to cancel the order, and request a refund. This was duly done but PayPal have charged me a fee to refund the amount to my Credit Card. the total fee works out to $7. What this means that I am out of pocket for the privilege of you not fulfilling my order.

Order ID:4FF8CACE4A doors Live at the Bowl
    When I received this order the LP cover was split. I mentioned this in the survey you sent me, but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I received no response to this. Why ask for a survey if you are not going to follow up on a flaw in the product. Each album comes with a card that states “Not 100% satisfied .........................”

Why bother if no action is going to be taken.

Order ID:6DEB093D7E Beatles Box Set

You are already aware of the farce surrounding this order. All I can say is why offer if you know you cant deliver
    Order ID:A75D3A2C17 Led Zeppelin Mothership

When I placed this order a message came up “There is an error with your order please contact customer service”. This I did and the reply I received was “ We also see an error on our side, we are sorry but we cannot re-instate old orders”

I never did learn what the error was but a couple of days later I receive an email that my order has shipped.

What the there was no order according to customer service.

It is just as well that I did not order this item elsewhere or I would;d have been forced to decline delivery from Pop Market.

Now I have placed 10 orders in total with Pop Market and with 4 of them I have had a problem. That is a 40% negative history. If you had a 40% failure rate at any store online or brick and mortar, I am sure you would not be in a rush to give them you future business or recommend them to anyone.

Why should I continue to favor Pop Market with my business and hard earned money if I can only expect satisfaction 60% of the time.

After one robotoic like response and a curt email from me asking/demanding that they actually address the issues, this is the response I received.

Hello ,
    I've already created an order for a free replacement of The Doors Live At The Bowl 68 LP/DVD. You'll see an order confirmation email in a few minutes. Within the next two business days you should see a ship confirmation email.
    To follow the status of your order click
    here.
    About the $7 charge on your credit card. I have forwarded a refund request to our billing department. I will contact you once I know more.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Sincerely,

Jose
    MyPlay Direct

Credit where Credit is due.

4. They have Wonky type business model ... almost like one guy with a computer. Put out email blasts and then try to get stock cheap after taking orders

5. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Yep I was the same and got badly burned for Customs etc etc.

6. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Can a gort change this thread title to "The Official PopMarket Sucks Thread" please?

Thanks!

:)

Mazzy likes this.
  7. That would be perfect

8. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Got a notice today saying they canceled my Beastie Boys vinyl order. It only took them 3 weeks to respond. They said it was due to payment problems. It was the only time I used their amazon.com check out. Apparently they can't figure out how to work with amazon.

Anyway, they said I could reorder. Of course they now want me to pay $20 more for the offer. No. F******. Way.

9. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Copy of an Email just sent to Pop Market regarding pricing for Countries outside of North America

I am a long time customer but recently and if your pricing policy does not change I will never be able to order from you again.

Let me explain.

Metallica offer. Price in the USA $75. Price in Israel, Normal Price $109.98 SPECIAL SALE PRICE $127.98 and on top of that you still add shipping.

HOW IS THAT A DEAL.

This is not the only instance of crazy pricing. All of your latest offers have been the same. Surly it would make sense to keep the base price of $75 for everyone and then add shipping costs as deemed necessary. This is not only for Israel where I live, but the same seems to apply for all countries outside of North America.

Perhaps the answer is simply that you do not want buyers from outside the North American continent. If that is the case be honest enough to say so and I will cancel my account with immediate effect.

10. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I've written to them before about this. No exact answer from them either. They tried to blame the varying prices on exchange rates and suggested I contact my credit card supplier which is just a stupid answer. When I came back at them they again sent me some generic reply. Good luck getting anything sensible out of them! Post the replies to give us all a laugh - and you can live up to your forum name too! ;)

11. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Pop Market is really turning out to be THE enigma of the music biz. Hard to believe considering that they are owned by the company that consistently puts out the best looking/sounding reissues in the marketplace. IMHO, of course.

12. imarcq

Or an Oxymoron?

13. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Outside the USA they don't really offer free postage as they claim.

Today they have the US price ($40 CD set) in the text and then below it the Aust. price. ($56). 30% more. All on the same page in full sight. Do they think we don't notice ? It looks like the right amount for postage and so do the figures for the vinyl. ($110 Vs $160 8LP set). It's just not such a bargain any more.

Of course there's still the claimed 'free' postage.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  14. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Or just a *****? :D

Seriously, Sony really does put lots of effort into their reissues. Makes the lack of effort on the Pee-Market side (!!!) kind of mind-boggling.

15. imarcq

It comes to $205 including the postage. $109 for Americans. No deal!

You would have thought that Sony has proper worldwide distribution wouldn't you? No reason for it to cost double. And wait until the Australian Government add the 10% GST on imports. They are now threatening it on all purchases from overseas above $20. It's gonna happen soon now.

E.Baba likes this.
  16. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

YOW!!!
    No deal for me either.
    I didn't go that far to check it properly. Glad I didn't. Almost fell off my chair just now when I read your post. Popmarket has turned into another US only affair. For the rest of us it's 'Pop Markup' , and you can quote me on that.

GST on everything over $20 !!? FFS !!

laughalot and imarcq like this.
  17. imarcq

Yep. Get your orders in from Amazon quick. The ABC were reporting that the duty could well be detailed in the coming federal budget for July implementation. :( Plus there's a handling fee too if they follow the UK model, which is likely. So Australia Post gets a back hander too. And who is the major shareholder in Australia Post? Yep you've guessed it.....

Pop Mark-Up.... Love it! ;)

18. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Popmarket sent me an e-mail last week stating that they will no longer ship free to Canada.

I placed an order today for the three Led Zep boxes ($112.99 each) and when I went to check out they calculated shipping at $151.97 (!!) in addition to the $338.97 for the boxes.

Couldn't hit 'cancel' fast enough, I will never darken their door again.

19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

That sure is a lot for shipping! Thanks for the heads up. With shipping added to their prices, they won't be as competitive for my any longer.

20. chewie

chewie Forum Resident

I will give them a miss.

21. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Took them four months to ship me one order last year.

But then again, it's the internet and you can't have both things - price AND service.

You want to get the good price, then you are sacrificing the service aspect of the system.

Regarding the foreign shipping price issues, hey, I was wondering when Popmarket would catch up to the rest of the country. Shipping overseas is double and in some cases, triple, what it was at the beginning of 2013. Thanks, USPS.

At the year-end review some bean counter probably saw they lost money on almost everything shipped overseas and overcorrected.

22. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

I used to order from Popmarket on a semi regular basis, when they a) didn't screw us over on exchange rates, and b) didn't screw us over on international shipping.

No more :(

23. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Delays are normal hence the great prices. I use them all the time and when my Rory Gallagher Tatoo album came and was warped I sent them an email and the next day I had an email with a shipment info - and had the replacement album in a couple of days - and was even able to keep the old version. Great service

24. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Strange my Rory Gallagher Tattoo also came warped. Same result and service from them.

rebellovw likes this.
  25. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Yep - my replacement one was warped as well - not as bad though - it's not popmarket's fault - it must be the pressing (especially since yours was also warped) - that gimicky red vinyl - anyhow - it is not too bad. Great service though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.