Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 14)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hodgo, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

2. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

New Aralex dual 12-gauge shotgun runs with Audio Note UK silver banana termination. These cables are a complete game-changer for clarity, timbral accuracy and the ability to convey the terrain of a recording's/performer's physical presence, there is a huge increase in dynamic punch/weight to the sound going from single runs to double runs, and the AN UK plugs w/Cardas silver solder certainly don't hurt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, jonwoody, PanaPlasma and 42 others like this.
  3. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

That's not a stereo, this is a stereo! ;) (1969 Zenith Z931)

[​IMG]

Yours is nice too. :D Love the Harbeths.

4. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Anytime anyone can reference Crocodile Dundee, I am a happy man :)

And also, thanks!

4_everyman and Jerod like this.
  5. norman_frappe

norman_frappe Forum Resident

I had the double runs once after eating at taco bell, haha I kill me. Sorry, love the photos. Those speakers are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

russk, jon9091 and timind like this.
  6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I think those Harbeth speakers look amazing as well and I've naturally read lots of great things about them. Any opinions on how good they are, compared to what I currently own, which are B&W 805D's?

ncblue likes this.
  7. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

[​IMG]
    Rack with the old Xpression iii turntable. Speaker cables run into the basement and across the room to the speakers:

[​IMG]
    Harbeth C7es3 w/ Skylan stands
    [​IMG]
    Gently used Rega P5 replaced the Xpression a few months ago. Have a Dynavector 20X2L now in place of that AT150mlx, but didn't bother to take a pic. Loving this analog setup so much.

barfko, rocnred, jonwoody and 61 others like this.
  8. norman_frappe

Super nice set up! I have a similar system currently in my dedicated room. Same amp, turntable, phono pre but spendor speakers. If I hit the lottery someday I want the 40.1's.

octaneTom likes this.
  9. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

You obviously have amazing taste, norman. ;)

Joe071, jfeldt and norman_frappe like this.
  10. norman_frappe

Even down to the bluejeans cables, funny!

11. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Who makes that equipment stand octaneTom? Nice setup all around.

12. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

wgb113 - Mash Studios out in LA.

That's the LAX Entertainment Shelf, they have a whole series of similar/matching products. I think there's a bunch of variations on it now, but here's the one I have:
    http://laxseries.com/live_and_relax/ENT_shelf_-_original.html

Really high quality stuff - it's solid English Walnut (no veneers) with a groove routed in the top/bottom that the powder-coated aluminum door slides along. Nicely thought out design — cut outs on the back and between shelves for cable routing, and holes on the bottom as well.

I have a small portion of my LPs on the left-hand side behind the door. It's a great piece of furniture.

13. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

Long Live Analog and raferx like this.
  14. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Another really nice, clean aesthetic!

15. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

It's getting there... just waiting for my Audio Note Lexus interconnects and Audio Note Oto SE Line amplifier, which I'm told is being built now.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  16. Steven Martinez

Steven Martinez Member

[​IMG]
    Had some Sansui SP-X8s hooked up but downgraded to some bookshelf Boston Acoustics due to not being able to blast the music in the house.
    Loving the DUAL 1229 and HK730 always delivers.

barfko, Ron P., Miche and 16 others like this.
  17. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

I'm loving these systems, simple, elegant and musical

Jerod likes this.
  18. subframe

subframe Forum Resident

Very cool! I love that cabinet.

When you ran the speaker cable through the basement, did you install wall plates with speaker-wire terminals, or just run an actual single run of speaker cable all the way from amp to speakers under the floor? I'm thinking about doing the same, but with century-old wood floors and plaster walls, I'm loath to cut out a hole for a wall plate :D

19. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

I ran a single line of speaker cable from the amp to the speakers. Right now, I've got a fairly sloppy hole drilled in the floor moulding that the speaker wire comes out of so I didn't have to cut either floor or wall...there was enough of a gap between the floorboards that I could sneak cable up on both sides, so I just removed the moulding, cut a hole and pulled the speaker wire through that. This fall/winter I'm planning on installing a wall plate, but thinking of one of those brush wall plates vs. actual speaker terminals - I don't really want to add another connection and more wire into the mix.

20. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Hey from Winnipeg!

We were just out your way - 10 days on the Island...Ucluelet and Victoria.
    May I ask about your TT wall mount shelf? Purchased where?

Thanks!

Yes, lovely system by the way!

21. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    VPI Traveler soon to be replaced by Classic 2 w/ 3D Tonearm.

22. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words!

It's a Rega wall mount. I ordered it through HiFi Centre here in Vancouver. It was $200.

Made a big difference for me.

Cheers,

–R

Long Live Analog and cat9 like this.
  23. Hey Mazzy, have you got your other record room finished yet? Your living room set up is really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the other when it's done.

24. No. Delayed. It's the ground floor in a split level home in Seattle. Since it's cool down stairs in the winter I'm putting in a radiant heat floor over the slab then the wood floor. Hoping to have it ready by early November. It will only take two weeks but scheduling contractors etc.

I can't wait as my newer records are piling up near my fireplace.

[​IMG]

25. We have one of those radiant floor heaters in our bathroom, it's awesome. You'll really like it. Thanks for the update!

Long Live Analog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.