Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Had this intergrated back in 1979-81. Looks great ,I might want to get my old retro setup for the love of it. Good Luck, dave23, John M.

2. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Who did you have do the work on it? Do you mind sharing?

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

I have trouble getting photos to this site so I need help. The reason is I have dozens of 1960-70s photos of much of the gear we all love.
    My hair down to my shoulders with Beatle posters and the Kenwood 7100 and matching Tuner, the 620 cassette deck an ADC equalizer an RG range expander and either my KLH 22 and Cerwin Vega S1 speakers also my Dual turntable. Shag carpet and wood panel.
    Wow was I typical. Ill figure it out soon. The Magnavox 1965 astrosonic playing Herb Alpert tjb, a 1966 photo is great with my scottie dog mackie. Promise soon, though a while back I promised also, Whats a simple good site to use for sending photos? Take care all, John.

PhilBiker likes this.
  4. Dave23

Dave23 Senior Member

Postimage.org has been the easiest for me to use.

gd0, PhilBiker and apesfan like this.
  5. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Ill give it a try. Thanks

PhilBiker likes this.
  6. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Imgur works well too

7. Dave23

Dave23 Senior Member

I bought it from an individual who had it refurbished. Bit of a gamble I know, but pretty easy to see what was replaced and its just as clean inside as it is outside. With the cover removed you would swear its a brand new unit. I need to find out who did it so hopefully they can do the same with my KA-5700.

56GoldTop likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I didn't for a long time than on of our forum members suggested imgur.

Simple and free to register.

Once you create a photo hosting account, you can make ti a private account so your images cannot be viewed by the general public.

Reduce the size of your active browser window and simply drag an image from your desktop into the center of your empty image page.

You will see a area to place your image, just move your image into this area and it will automatically be uploaded from your laptop or tablet.

You will see an image loading progress bar across the top of the screen. When it is finished loading your image will appear in your album.

When you want to link your image to this site, jst click on the image, a window will pop up, with that image and some buttons in a row down the right side of that window.

Choose the second description from the top that is labeled "Direct Link". Then click on the corresponding rectangular button to the right that says "COPY" and that will copy the address for that image to you clipboard.

Then click on the image button on top of your posting box, to the right of the emoto button, a window will open and paste you link into the field and say OK, you will see your image in your post before you hit the post button, so you will know that you correctly performed this action.

9. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

[​IMG] I got as far as this. Help!

10. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Im going to my desktop. Back soon, John.

11. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Postimage.org
    Click the choose image box.
    Select image from your photos and click done
    It will download then give you a drop menu select direct link (now it’s copied)
    In the thread reply click the small rectangle icon then ‘paste in the bar’and your image will load.
    It’s easy and fast when you get the hang of it. Peace

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. Steve0

Steve0 Audio Banana

I think you have a python lose in your room as well, seems to be eating your tube amps

vanye, PhilBiker and SirMarc like this.
  13. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

That is a cool console!

Manimal, crimsondonkey and PhilBiker like this.
  14. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

View from the ground
    [​IMG]

15. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

P.S.

Question: "why that big box as a base for those speakers?" Answer: "It is the crossover". Boy, those coils and those capacitors are HUGE. As a reference, the box is 45cm x 64cm = 18" x 25"

[​IMG]

16. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

I need to post a pic of my main setup but I had to share this setup in our bedroom. Just got this Sansui 441. It was recapped and I did some light cleaning. I just love the glow of that AM/FM dial!

[​IMG]

pexie, nosliw, Cactus Bob and 27 others like this.
  17. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

What is behind the Night Moves? Iron Butterfly? Buffalo Springfield? B-52’s? Roberta Flack?

Manimal likes this.
  18. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

MOFI Dark Side of the Moon.

19. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Yes!

displayname and Manimal like this.
  20. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I reorganized my basement a little today, so here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 52 others like this.
  21. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

One more... the obligatory intoxicants picture:

[​IMG]

Rickchick, Cactus Bob, arar and 24 others like this.
  22. MidnightCity

MidnightCity Forum Resident

My new VPI Classic 1. I've never seen one of these in the flesh in Australlia and VPI in general is extremely expensive and hard to find here. This popped up on a local stereo classified and I jumped on it. Not sure of the age but it's as close to perfect as I could hope for and came with all acessories, manuals and original packaging. I spent the day polishing the platter and cleaning a few things up. I only have an AT95E on it for now but that will change soon. Sounds great!

[​IMG]

23. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

My first thought was a mofi!

24. drumandguitar

drumandguitar Forum Resident

I'd love a space like that. The things I could do. I'm very jealous.

25. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

We’re very lucky to have a room like this. My daughter, who is 2, likes to come down and dance and make a huge mess, so it’s good to have space where she can do that without bumping into too much stuff. She likes Steely Dan and Duran Duran, and she can request The Mamas and the Papas by name, as of this week. I’m proud!