Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. I see some P Cars on the shelf? A secondary addiction? I suffer the same malady myself.

Wachuko likes this.
  2. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

It IS the ocean! :)

OC Zed and fishcane like this.
  3. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Lol... i don't think he has a bad one right?

heyMo and bajaed like this.
  4. Wachuko

Wachuko Forum Resident

Yeah.... madness I tell you... madness...

BGLeduc likes this.
  5. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

My two favorites are Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks(my favorite place to see a show) and Live at the Greek.

Wachuko likes this.

6. Well, you coulda gotten the room with the cool breeze and grass underfoot......gotta count the small victories, and live to fight another day.

I can smell the seasalt in the air!

fishcane likes this.
  7. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Yep red rocks might be my favorite....but Joe's a busy guy :)

Wachuko, bajaed and heyMo like this.
  8. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

Yes, he is. Got to see him again in early March for a show in Charlotte before all the crap hit the fan. Great show.

Wachuko likes this.
  9. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

10. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

I should start by saying I like a richer warmer sound. My friends system is Vosne-Romanee Linestage/Montrachet amp he uses a Luxman DA-06 Dac and streams only. Heard his system with two different sets of speakers, Devore 0/93's really good sound to me not overly warm or romantic but very realistic and natural sounding also a really natural but open soundstage. Was it romantic? I mean it sounded beautiful and musical but also super transparent and well extended at both frequency extremes. It was an excellent combo and really great with jazz and worked well with rock also.

Then he got a pair of Shindo Lafond field coils I came over right after they arrived and one speaker was DOA. We listened to just the one speaker and it was utterly fantastic. One of the most realistic senses of musicians in the room I literally can't tell you much else I was transfixed listening to the Dead 2/14/70 on one speaker! Turns out it was just a loose wire in the other speaker but he got divorced shortly after that and the system was held hostage. He finally got it back and Covid hit , maybe one day I'll hear stereo!

11. DaveN

DaveN Music Glutton

Best coffee maker - without debate!

J Borland and cut-out like this.
  12. Lowgroove

Lowgroove Forum Resident

I like his recent Sydney Opera House DVD - mainly because of the great version of Drive

Litejazz53, tyler8, bluemooze and 2 others like this.
  13. Wachuko

Wachuko Forum Resident

I recently started buying all his music in vinyl... still got a few to go that are out of stock. But the only Blu-Ray that I have is that one (Live at the Greek Theatre)... Looks like I will need to get a few more of the concerts on Blu-Ray. Really enjoying his music a lot.

I do not have Muddy Wolf and does not show as available in vinyl... but it is available on Blu-Ray... let me get that one for now.

And as mentioned, does not seems like he has any bad ones.

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  14. Sheeds_au

Sheeds_au Forum Resident

My current study setup

[​IMG]

Kyhl, Dennis0675, CDFanatic and 17 others like this.
  15. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

I like the carpet!

Dennis0675 and fishcane like this.
  16. timind

timind phorum rezident

Looks like things are packed in pretty tight there. Curious why you have the left and right NHT speakers on the wrong sides. Have you considered moving them to the outside of the speaker array, and orienting them in with the faces pointing in?

17. GKH

GKH Senior Member

18. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I would debate it
    [​IMG]

19. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Love that fireplace. We recently had ours tiled in a very similar fashion in our living room.
    [​IMG]

When you have to replace the fireplace it all that tilework is going to have to be torn out.

Ventoux, alan967tiger, GKH and 5 others like this.
  20. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

feds blocked vid, national security, anyway I redid it...think it got flagged because I used album name...

21. mongo

mongo Senior Member

You win!

22. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

23. timind

timind phorum rezident

Nope, "unavailable"

Dennis0675 likes this.
  24. Sheeds_au

Sheeds_au Forum Resident

I just liked the curve of the speak falling away towards the Bose's. Had not realised LHS / RHS was angled in rather than out. Out disperses the sound field better? But yeah - above the Technics power amp at the bottom is just a plastic face plate (actually a keyboard palm rest) - so it has HEAPS of breathing room above it to not get too hot.

Still need to get a Technics mini-disc (hard - never released in Aus), a top end early MASH Technics CD player - and my tape deck once it is returned will need more room, as it is going to be the 1978 RS-673 :S. Oh, and also want a Technics SL1600 or similar to finish the system. Using a Kenwood Linear Tracking unit atm for fun.

timind likes this.
  25. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

That’s just weird...