Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. John76

John76 Forum Resident

30 degrees toe-in with axis crossing 1 foot from ears.

timind and mr. faded glory like this.
  2. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

Highly intuitive....err not! :help:

Other forums, you grab from your desk top and simply upload...why not here??:doh:

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  3. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

Because it takes up a lot of data on the server to host all those photos and this site, wisely, would rather have other sites host all that data. It takes two seconds to upload a photo to Imgur and copy the BBC link to post here.

gov, SandAndGlass, jonwoody and 4 others like this.
  4. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Yes, and because the storage space if not needed for photos on the site (and the cost to host them), we are blessed with a site that has been ad-free.

gov, SandAndGlass, rocnred and 9 others like this.
  5. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

Does this explain why almost all other large forums have the protocol that I stated? Some very small audio forums and some not so small forums...also.
    Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand.

6. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I can't answer that. Do you see ads there? Maybe they are just trying to monetize? All I can say is that large, uncompressed photos are typically the largest hog of space on a site...and more space/bandwidth cost more money.

rocnred, chili555, trd and 3 others like this.
  7. trd

trd Forum Resident

every board that I frequent did away with direct uploading of photos years ago. It’s really quite simple to right click the photo, copy the url and paste the link in the board’s HTML shortcut. It’s the same process as every other internet message board that I use. I’m surprised there are still sites with direct uploads. The cost to store all those photos and the drag they create on the server are pretty significant

8. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

here's mine.
    [​IMG]

9. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

you really cant see the pre/power section.
    on the left bottom shelf is a jbl sdp3, right bottom is an audiosource model 3. on the floor is a crown 210 i wound up returning. just didnt fit in.
    there is a samsung 7.2 ht on the middle shelf in the center.

10. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG] Lights down...music on :)

11. yamfan

yamfan Forum Resident

No way. It was great seeing your setup.

Rick58 likes this.
  12. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Once you get the hang of linking to images on sites like Imgur, it's very easy. Make sure your link ends in .jpg or similar.
    [​IMG]

13. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

looking good bud! you are seriously making me think about a diagonal setup. i bet you get some good corner bass reinforcement.

14. Glmoneydawg

Lol....thanks bud,and yep pretty sure corner helps my single sub.However your dual sub setup has me thinking too/two ;)

mreeter and timind like this.
  15. avanti1960

dual subs do work well but i bet the harbies have better bass that way. the sum of the two speakers meets right in the corner. mine against a long flat wall have been a little disappointing in the bass department compared to other harbeth systems I have heard.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  16. Glmoneydawg

When i had my basement finished,i did some reading.....if i remember correctly the corner is a null point and gobbles up extraneous bass...also kinda horn loads sub for a little efficiency boost.

mreeter and avanti1960 like this.
  17. Glmoneydawg

Your room is certainly big enough for a diagonal experiment.I did it more for imaging...the speakers don't "see"a side wall , the bass thing was just a bonus:)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    mreeter and Tim 2 like this.
  18. timind

timind phorum rezident

When I was in a square room the bass was much fuller with the diagonal setup than the previous standard setup. Once I installed floor to ceiling bass traps in the corners behind the speakers and seating position, the bass seemed deeper, and definitely cleaner. Years ago, but I remember audio friends coming over and commenting on how good the bass sounded.

Manimal, rocnred, SirMarc and 4 others like this.
  19. rocnred

rocnred Southwest Desert Freak-a-zoid

@avanti1960 You crack me up! I can see it now. In 2 weeks a new setup with some new gear. Swap out that great gear you have for even better gear, while doing analysis and diagnostic testing with your results posted here. Then you post the new pictures and mention that things are not quite right when they actually look amazing.
    That rant is out of respect and envy. Your posts are always smart and your room always looks tight, no matter what version it is. I think I remember not too long ago where you said you were done for a while. I have figured out "a while" is a relative term. I cant wait to see what you come up with.

avanti1960 likes this.
  20. rocnred

rocnred Southwest Desert Freak-a-zoid

Duuuuuuude!! Post of the night!! That's awesome.

Manimal and Madness like this.
  21. avanti1960

I appreciate that! The system is pretty much complete with the possible exception of amplifier but low odds on that being replaced. A diagonal layout is going to be a big project but I will sketch a plan and see if it can work. Peace.

22. avanti1960

oh boy...

bever70 likes this.
  23. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I do the copy and paste thing myself. I have not had access to fast Wi-Fi based Internet since last March and have not used Imgur since then.

I added Internet service to my smartphone for the first time, back in March, and have been posting strictly from my phone since then. But, the bandwidth is not sufficient to use Imgur with any degree of satisfaction.

So all photos that I have posted since then have been cut and paste.

I did find that this doesn't work for videos and you have to post the links manually.

jonwoody likes this.
  24. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

More specific...

Go to imgur.com and set up a free image hosting account. Make your account "private" if you wish, when you set it up. This way, regular Imgur users can not see your uploaded photos.

Upload your pictures, one at a time, if you want to keep them in order, by dragging them over to imgur.

In Imgur, click on the photo that you want to post.

[​IMG]

It will open up in a window. The second button down on the right is the Direct Link copy button.

[​IMG]

Click on the image post button, directly to the right on the smiley button, from the list above the posting box.

Paste your direct image link in the box and click "Insert"

[​IMG]

Abbi says "Hello".

[​IMG]

To give you an idea about storage space, a typical photo from a modern inexpensive smartphone camera might be 12-MP (Million Pixels). When compressed into a JPG file, it might occupy 3-MB (Million "Bytes") of storage space on the host computer.

By comparison, every time you type a letter of the alphabet, you use up one single byte of memory space.

Do the math...

layman, Fitero, bluemooze and 7 others like this.
  25. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Just a word of encouragement to give it a whirl.
    It changed everything for me in my room.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Kyhl, shadowlord, Waxxy and 20 others like this.