Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

For those of us not in the know what is this audio system made up of ?

ultron9 likes this.
  2. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Looks like Dynaudio speakers, Prima Luna amp and either a Technics or Audio Technica turntable.

Spica, timnor, JorgeGvb and 1 other person like this.
  3. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

In their owners manual, REL recommends the corner placement. I don't think they are referring to subs in general, but this would probably apply to all subs. I do have a REL T5 sub in the corner that is utilized with my HT set -up. The bottom end punch is considerably improved and the sub seems to have gained an octave in volume extension.

izeek likes this.
  4. Mo-Tech

Mo-Tech Forum Resident

Wow, I can't believe posting that oldschool b&w pic is collecing 60+ faves. Here's another monochrome image more close to see the amp, turntable and cartridge:

[​IMG]

Thanks Dan!

Yes, my small house has (purposefully) no TV - we interact, study, play and listen music instead. Before it was 2+ hours every day, but during Corona times the stereo is on some 5+ hours a day, vinyl only (don't have a CD player or streaming). C1s are pretty much the only speakers we can listen all day and still enjoy the sound at the end of the very long day. Not only they sound the best we are not exhausted like with bigger (floorstanding) or more efficient (95+db) speakers do - they may give very good first impression but whith those we're exhausted after 15-30 min of listening. The C1 are probably the speakers for life for us in that view.

Technics SL-1200G with Van den Hul Colibri XGW, KAB hydraulic damper, Funk Achromat II, VdH MC Gold cabling
    Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP (settled on GL KT88, Psvane 12au7s drivers after some tube rolling and trying)
    Dynaudio Confidence C1 Signature
    Konka custom made RIAA tube preamp
    (Konka influenced and) self made Hiraga-based MC-MM stepup (battery-operated)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  5. Spica

Spica Easy like Sunday morning

I’m really enjoying these monochrome images.

Mo-Tech likes this.
  6. Spica

7. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Reminds me of a 90s perfume commercial.

Kyhl, rocnred, OC Zed and 6 others like this.
  8. Reamonnt

Reamonnt Mr.T

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    My old picture has vanished but here is my desktop in close up as of Feb 2021. I'm still listening via the JBL LSR 305.

A_Lad_Insane, Kyhl, drum_cas and 12 others like this.
  9. gabbleratchet7

gabbleratchet7 Forum Resident

That Aiwa “walkman” and portable CD player bring back memories. I had both models as a teenager.

Reamonnt likes this.
  10. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Time for a new amp ?! :D:winkgrin:

Bananas&blow and Echo like this.
  11. Spica

Good one! Always time for another Sonneteer. I’ll try that one on my wife :)

bever70 likes this.
  12. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Good luck! :)

BilboAlaska likes this.
  13. Spica

A few more mono shots. Nothing special, just taken on an ipad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

The mono makes your table and the silver Soneteer gear look even more techy. And cool to see the Leben still looks good minus the green/gold bling. I didn't realize you could take these on an I device so fooled around on my phone a bit. I quite liked the Silvertone option.

15. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

16. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Upthread I posted a picture of a system in my basement shop. I'm breaking in a pair of rebuilt Atma-sphere MA-1 amps along with a PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp.

It seems V-Caps installed in the amps are taking their own sweet time to get onboard. After 300 hours of play, I brought all the amplifiers upstairs and hooked them into my main system. The sound had changed dramatically since I last listened to them 240 hours ago. Music was still thin, lacking in body, but not so overwhelmingly bright. A really ugly, boomy bass had appeared from out of nowhere. The soundstage remained poor.

After listening for a day, I realized I'd taken the cake out of the oven too soon. The toothpick I stuck into it came out covered with batter. I put the amps back in the oven...err, basement...for another 200 hours.

jonwoody likes this.
  17. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Very admirable! :righton:

Mo-Tech likes this.
  18. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Here's a photo that I snapped a couple days ago. It features my current setup: Sony PS-X600 Biotracer turntable, Denon DL-103R phono cartridge, Pro-Ject Tube Box SE II, and (not shown) a Marantz 2235b stereo receiver. I just bought a pair of Sovtek 12AX7 vacuum tubes for the phono stage, and I am really loving the sound: all the warmth and richness of a Mullard, but with improved harmonics and a nice airy sparkle on the top end. I'm greatly impressed and am very glad that I bought them.

The Denon is a fine cartridge, well worth its reputation. When it comes time to upgrade, I already have my sights on a Dynavector 10x5 mk2, the sequel to one of my all-time favorite carts. I'd also really like to upgrade the Tube Box SE II at some point, probably to a Tube Box DS or even the newer DS2.

A_Lad_Insane, Dave Mc, Kyhl and 24 others like this.
  19. AtohmGT2HD

AtohmGT2HD Forum Resident

20. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

@Daniel Thomas the tonearm of the SONY looks like it come of a Tiger Tank.:edthumbs:

Daniel Thomas and bluemooze like this.
  21. rocnred

rocnred Southwest Desert Freak-a-zoid

How do you like the Carver? Almost bought one about a year ago but just could not find any real reviews. It is a beauty and a beast all in one.

22. MayoStudenT

MayoStudenT Leonard Cohen Fan

It’s a really nice sounding tube amp. It’s very detailed to my ears. It’s silent too, which I like . Unfortunately I have this one up for sale currently as I am making a speaker change and have decided on a pair of solid state monoblocks.

rocnred and trd like this.
  23. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Beaver, I'm seeing a "Beast" of a damage possibility. If the left foot moves 2" to the left, the entire sub will fall off the area it is sitting on, and if that metal dog or gorilla art on top of it is jagged at all, it just appears those feet will demolish the top of your beautiful sub, it just looks so scary. I don't know what that is, but wow, it looks like something heavy, that would scratch that beautiful sub so badly, or am I just crazy?

24. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Haha, the massive looking Gorilla is actually made of PAPER ! It weighs nothing. My wife made it, it comes in bits and pieces and you have to glue everything together, like a 3d puzzle. The Gorilla was just there for the photo, normally there's 'only' a small (paper) penguin residing on top :D.
    As for the left feet, no worries! It has been like that for almost a year, it doesn't move. And yes it NEEDS to be there! Moving it a even less than half an inch doesn't sound as good (I've explored every possible square millimetre of that corner).

[​IMG]

And yes, with some, real heavy bass tracks, the paper penguin will start a little 'dance' :cool:.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  25. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

You really faked me off totally on that one, it so looked "heavy" and dangerous to audio components, I'm breathing easier now!! :edthumbs: