Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Love it he's got the "you lookin at me?" look! :)

AL01 and Dennis0675 like this.
  2. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

This site was designed so that uploading photos is easy, but being able to view them….not so much:unhunh:

3. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

I probably have more Franklin Mints that I like more than Easton Press. The EP editions I have mostly seem to be reprints of old Limited Editions Club volumes from the 1940s. The illustrations are mostly cartoon-like and grossly out of date.

4. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

I just have photos on my iPhone I want to post

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

As was said,you use a 3rd party hosting site (I use Postimages — free image hosting / image upload ). Go to the site, click upload photo's, it will ask you from where, and go from there. Once uploaded, just a matter of copying the image link and then pasting using the image (little box with picture above) link above.

6. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Yes, that Olive plinth looks really good! Which Japanese vintage tables (because the one I use now falls into that category, it's a JVC QL7A.

7. chrism1971

chrism1971 Forum Resident

Post it on Facebook addressed to Only Me (i.e. you), copy & paste it here. Simple. And it should annoy Zuckerberg.

8. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Has anyone found a good website/store with decorative sound panels? Just looking around for my room--finally getting the painting finished up, next is the trim!

9. jcn3

jcn3 Forum Resident

Dennis0675, Art K and Boomy like this.
  10. roverb

roverb Forum Resident

this looks very comfy - where'd you get those nice shelves?

DJSpinner likes this.
  11. DJSpinner

DJSpinner Forum Resident

The bookshelves or the wall shelves/ledges? The wall shelves/ledges are from CB2.

The bookshelves are from Room & Board, I think they are the 'Woodwind' style? They are super-sturdy with all that weight. Comes with adjustable shelves and attachable doors on the bottom 1/4 part of the shelf (off in those pics), which I got to keep the small dogs from pulling their favorite records out as chew toys. I also attached heavy duty casters for easy moving around AND since we got some water seepage during a bad flood.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    jonwoody, C10 and roverb like this.
  12. roverb

roverb Forum Resident

yes, those - thank you, they look great!

C10 likes this.
  13. CatManDude

CatManDude Forum Existent

A few months back, I posted pictures of an "old time" design drawing I made in photoshop to go with my McIntosh MC 240...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a little free time this weekend so I made a matching one for my C28...

[​IMG]

I'm now waiting for the frame to come in so I can hang it above the MC240 print.

14. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

Big +1 for GIK. I have several of their products and am very happy with them. They have several nice designs to choose from, and are great with helping make selections, if needed.

Boomy and struttincool like this.
  15. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Another fan of GIK.

Boomy likes this.
  16. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Thanks all!

17. C10

C10 eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die

Good experiences with GIK too. I would suggest running REW and sending them the measurement files. That we they cam make more targeted recommendations. The only thing to keep in mind about GIK is that it take a long time to get your order and whatever timeframe they quote you will take longer in reality, this applies even to their DIY stuff, at least IME.

mktracy and Boomy like this.
  18. AL01

AL01 Eh?

Post Deleted, meant to add it in a different thread.

19. Staxus

Staxus Hyperactive!

Good looking set-up......bet it sounds fantastic :righton:
    Really like the "Equipment Rack", is it home made or store bought ?

20. Blue Nile Fan

Blue Nile Fan Forum Resident

How do you like this? I had a chance to get one of these recently but went another direction. Thoughts? This vs. streaming? Thanks!

21. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Staxus likes this.
  22. timind

timind phorum rezident

Here's a good site for diffusion panels. https://piaudiogroup.com/

Dennis0675, Boomy and jonwoody like this.
  23. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

So far, I’m really liking this little receiver. I actually use this for streaming of both Deezer HiFi and Spotify (320 kbps) and it sounds better than I was expecting. A little pricey for Bluetooth audio but it’s one of the better ones available.

hifisoup likes this.
  24. jonwoody

:drool:

CatManDude likes this.
  25. jonwoody

So a few nights ago I had a tube incident it actually turned out the amp just needed re-biasing. It's my long term loaner from Deja Vu that I've since decided to keep so went out there and grabbed a biasing tool. But in that moment of frustration I decided once and for all I needed a SS backup. So I found this little Arcam P35 locally from a nice gent on Audiomart picked it up and hooked it up today and it sounds much better than I expected. Of course it's being fed a great signal upstream. Your basic plain Britbox but handsome in it's own way.

[​IMG]