Psychedelic Furs - Made of Rain May 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by negative1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

It feels like nowadays teasing an album months in advance with a single feels like it's passe because of how fast things go viral then a week later it's old news.

palisantrancho likes this.
  2. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

Yes. This is all I was saying. When I finally heard a new album was coming out, I was super excited. 7 months later and honestly I don’t really care much. If it came out within a month of the first single, I would have been first in line to buy the vinyl. Now 4 songs and 7 months later I am doubtful I will even buy it. I will still be excited to hear the entire album, but I think dragging it out this long will cost them many record sales.

3. Freddy Steady

Freddy Steady Forum Resident

Tax Dodgers tell me they’re sending me the new album on August the 5th

4. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Curveboy likes this.
  6. HeyBullfrog

HeyBullfrog Friend of the Forum

New video for "Come All Ye Faithful":

7. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Just popped in to say Made of Rain currently has an 84 on Metacritic, which is just unspeakably amusing and delightful. You love to see it!

8. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Nonsense. All of Yep Roc's and other labels' physical release dates were messed up. Chuck Prophet's album release got delayed from May until August, although weirdly enough, I received all my pre-orders of that on their original dates (Bandcamp digital, colored vinyl, CD+tshirt bundle), which may have been accidental? I think UPS and USPS told their big business customers in March to expect massive delays and interruptions of service, so they all recalibrated. I still today get some Amazon/eBay marketplace orders super late if not lost entirely, though Prime has mostly recovered. For now.

9. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

There's a lot of new interviews with Richard and Tim out there right now. This one's funny. It took them 29 years to release a new album and now he's saying maybe another new one next year. Haha, right! Fool me once...

"So I’ve been writing songs recently. We have two or three new songs on the go now, and I’m hoping that maybe next year, certainly the year after, we’ll have another record out. But maybe next year."

Psychedelic Furs Return with 'Made of Rain': Richard Butler Q&A

10. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I was excited to see this listed on Newbury Comics new release schedule!

11. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Mine arrived last night...haven't had time to listen but the CD packaging is lacking. I've seen small indy bands put in a lot more effort.

12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

13. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

negative1 and JeffMo like this.
  14. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

That's some mighty praise.

negative1 likes this.
  15. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Wrong Train
    [​IMG]

16. paradox55

paradox55 Forum Resident

Really enjoying the new album. Welcome back.

negative1, JL6161 and JeffMo like this.
  17. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

negative1 and JL6161 like this.
  18. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

JL6161 and JeffMo like this.
  19. Droogmeister

Droogmeister Welcome to the Atrocity Exhibition

Double splatter vinyl with signed 12" x 12" card insert arriving Saturday.. :pineapple:

20. Dave 81828384

I'm not a vinyl guy. Had to google "double splatter vinyl" and the P-Furs album came up. Looks sweet. :)

21. Droogmeister

Droogmeister Welcome to the Atrocity Exhibition

I've not seen an image of this particular splatter vinyl yet, nor have I listened to a single snippet of the album, I want this experience to be just like the old days..a new experience, so no spoilers will erm..spoil this one for me.

manicpopthrill and Dave 81828384 like this.
  22. Dave 81828384

Good thing I don't know how to link images otherwise I would have and ruined your fun quite unintentionally. :cheers:

Droogmeister likes this.
  23. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

i agree that releasing what 4 videos? prior to the album release is kind of silly, must have been caused by the virus or current marketing practices. That being said I don't think it takes anything away from this fine effort. I mean we are never going to get another debut album with cuts like India, Sister Europe and Imitation of Christ (hat trick), but that's what makes it so special. Thanks Richard for this effort and releasing it in the current upside world. Stars is epic and I wish it went on a little longer, too much of an abrupt ending. These are the days that we will all remember...

Was the last track a nod to Bowie's The Stars (Are Out Tonight)?

JeffMo and JL6161 like this.
  24. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Yes, it can. Different, more stately, but beautiful and beautifully produced. It shouldn't be possible for Richard Butler in particular to sound like this at age 64, really, and yet he does.

25. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

They can still bring it live though - the live version of "Sister Europe" in 2015 was jaw dropping and epic!

JL6161 likes this.