Pure Audiophile Records presents "The Ray Brown Trio"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sound, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sound

Sound Member Thread Starter

Pure Audiophile is pleased to announce that we have signed a contract with Concord Records for PA-002. It will be The Ray Brown Trio "Soular Energy". It features , of course, the most noted acoustic bass player in the world, Ray Brown; the phenomenal Gene Harris on Piano; and Gerryck King on drums. The legendary Emily Remler (guitar) plays on one track also. We chose this title because it is one incredible performance.

We are going through the original session tapes for bonus material to even the 4 sides of this 2-LP set.

The original session was re-mixed by Phil Edwards at Phil Edwards studio. And George Horn did the original mastering.

We are extremely excited, our goal is to make this the best audiophile LP of all time.:love: :love: :love:

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks,
    dennis

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

wow, thsi is great! With his recent passing, what other way would be fitting to pay respect,than aan all out analog recording?

3. sgb

sgb Senior Member

More info please, Dennis. I have the original Concords on both vinyl and CD, and would be hard-pressed to imagine them sounding better, but rest assured, I'll be ordering my copy. When will it be available. Any chance you'll do it in SACD too?

Thanks

4. Sound

It will be a slow process. 4 months? I think ours will sound better, I'll be anxious to hear your opinion. The Concord LP is rare and out-of-print. Ours will be a 2-LP set and will contain bonus material from "The Ray Brown Trio". They will be individually numbered and half-speed mastered by Stan Ricker and pressed on 180 gram (at least) colored virgin vinyl.

Not sure on SACD.

5. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Are you the folks that did the Karrin Allyson Ballads LP?

6. Sound

Yes sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.