Quadio Chicago BluRay Box Set announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Ahhh... I see. Okay I did it, and yes, Dr Rhino sent me out the faulty discs. I already contacted him again last week when I posted about it, and as yet there's been no reply. Apparently, they're out of the corrected discs, or he just can't be bothered with finding the corrected ones for replacement.

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

I can't speak for them (obviously), but since this was a limited edition, I would guess you are correct in that they're probably out of corrected discs. Honestly, if I had asked for corrected discs and received them, I would offer you mine, as I have no need for them, which is why I didn't request them.

I do understand how you feel when you spend your money and get faulty product as that is frustrating, but since it's a QUADIO set and the quad is not affected, it would seem to me that it would lessen the blow a bit.

3. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Doc Rhino is not always the fastest with responses.

4. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I have no interest playing the stereo mixes of the Quadio set. But requested and received the corrected discs after sending several replacement requests to Dr. Rhino. If the replacements were never issued that'd be fine with me. Even with the errors on the stereo mixes of the two discs it's still an excellent set and a bargain for nine albums from Chicago in quad.

fredblue and JonUrban like this.
  5. Trainspotting

I'm good either way. It's just the collector in me which wants the corrected discs. But I bought it for the quad, of course.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  6. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

We're the corrected discs actually corrected? I never bothered to open mine?

7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Good question! I set the discs aside and never tried the stereo mix. I probably should. The discs I received are definitely different than the originals.

tspit74 and Hymie the Robot like this.
  8. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Mine were correct. I’m glad, as I’ve never owned this catalog and enjoyed the nicely mastered stereo rips I made for car listening.

9. BillTubes

BillTubes Well-Known Member

I recieved my box from Amazon last week. I wanted the hidef stereo mostly. The first song i played was 25 6 to 4... all the brass was buried with guitar in front of mix. Checked the tracks on both II and greatest hits. Same problem. I thought something was wrong with my system.
    Found this forum and thanks to the people on this thread was able to resolve with Dr Rhino.

~dave~~wave~ likes this.
  10. Trainspotting

OK, Dr Rhino finally sent me the correct discs. The Chicago II corrected disc is exactly as above, but the Chicago Greatest Hits has a new Matrix number. It's (590040) 3.2.553946V2.FE.8 02S. The last 2 was described as a 1 above. So I guess they did another run for the corrected disc.

Simon A likes this.
  11. I never received mine (and I forgot about it). what exactly did you have to provide to them? A picture of the box set?

12. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

I emailed them a copy of the order confirmation email from the vendor.

13. Trainspotting

I just cut and pasted my confirmation from amazon. If you've got a Mac, it's command C and then command V. I sent that at the bottom of my email to Dr Rhino. This whole process started months ago, so have patience.

wayneklein likes this.
  14. Further

Further Forum Resident

Yup, patience is definitely required to get this resolved.

I contacted them on September 7 and just received email confirmation today, November 20 that they were in the mail.

That’s only half the battle. I still won’t know until if/when they arrive whether or not they are the corrected versions, as I’ve heard a few people were still receiving defective discs. Given the time it takes for the whole process to play out, I’m crossing everything possible and praying for a small miracle that they sent me the right ones! Haha.

15. Rather patience than have the wrong disc mailed out! I emailed them re: the Otis Redding box a couple of years back which had defective copies of one disc and a month later they sent me a completely different artist!

SteelyNJ likes this.
  16. shirtandtie

shirtandtie Forum Resident

I haven't bought the box yet. I was in the market for it so I emailed Dr. Rhino asking if they're still sending out corrected discs since this issue is an old one. That was three weeks ago at least. Still no response.

17. russellsd

russellsd Forum Resident

About two weeks ago I received a shipping notice from Dr. Rhino for my replacement disks. I have yet to receive them, but that could be due to postal issues here in Canada.

18. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Patience is a virtue when it comes to dealing with the good Dr. Rhino. It was roughly a two/three month process to get my replacements early on....communication was sparse.

19. russellsd

russellsd Forum Resident

Yup, she did apologize too me saying they were very busy.

20. shirtandtie

Maybe I'll buy it and keep returning it to Amazon until I get a corrected version. Might be faster actually. :laugh:

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  21. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

Busy making final preparations for the release of the Quadio Doobie Brothers box set, I'm sure!!:waiting:
    QUADIO Doobie Brothers box set announced

22. shirtandtie

It was $99 on Amazon Monday. I couldn't resist. Check this out! My hype sticker is upside down. Maybe that means the corrected discs are inside! :D

[​IMG]

bru87tr, SteelyNJ, RiRiIII and 6 others like this.
  23. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

It's currently $114 on AmazonUSA and 200+ BPounds on AmazonUK. Very worth it for $114 as well as $99. Nice to see
    the low price point it's reached at AmazonUSA.

24. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Never got mine, requested numerous time, even sent in a snail mail. I've given up. I'm a quad person anyway. Whatever happened to that Doobies Quadio?

25. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Dude, there's nothing wrong with the hype sticker.
    It's the whole front logo graphic that's upside down. :tiphat: