Queen Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by amoergosum, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

Impressive, indeed. But regarding the statement for a new album: one thing is to sing the songs, another is a genuine creative output. Just saying...

Sondek likes this.
  2. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Technically, it's not Queen. It's Queen+.

Queen were Freddie Mercury, John Deacon, Roger Taylor and Brian May.

Queen+ are Roger Taylor and Brian May with whoever's filling in on bass and lead vocals.

mr.dave and Cubbiegirl like this.
  3. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Marc Martel is easier on the ears than Adam Lambert, but again, he's no Freddie. Queen+, much like The Queen Extravaganza, aren't really anything more than a tribute act, except Queen+ has two of the original members in.

4. Cubbiegirl

Cubbiegirl Forum Resident

Agreed...
    Freddie was a one off...there can only be one
    And Deacy, well he is his own kind of cool ..love him ...he knew it was time to retire Queen as it were once Fred was gone

And yeah, they've made enough money now off the Queen name.
    IMO they should have just formed another band and gave it a different name , but I know others disagree so,there you have it ...

John-Adam and mr.dave like this.
  5. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

That's what bothers me. The name. Just form a new band and give us something good. Stop rehashing the same old Queen hits with a changing cast of performers. It cheapens the legacy, particularly as they only focus on stuff from Greatest Hits...

supernaut, Cubbiegirl and John-Adam like this.
  6. 32XD Japan1

32XD Japan1 Forum Resident

I'd have to say after watching the video, this is the closest approximation to Freddie I've ever heard.
    As for Lambert, forget it, that guy was way subpar for the likes of Queen, especially after having Paul Rodgers at the mic.
    A poor choice indeed.
    I agree though that the whole concept of Queen as a band is getting pretty diluted by now.
    They should have had this guy after Paul Rodgers. The whole thing is a little long in the tooth at this point.

7. Cubbiegirl

Yes, and it doesn't seem as if Bri is ready to give it up anytime soon...

8. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I really love queen and was totally anti anyone singing with them until I saw the Adam lambert show that was on tv the new year before last. I started off sitting there, arms folded, trumping every few minutes in disgust. But after a while I started to watch Brian and roger and they just looked so happy to be out there still playing their great music and I softened. Why shouldn't they still go out and play if they still have the love for it? I can't say I'd be in a hurry to go and see them but I also can't condem them for wanting to keep the music alive. That other bloke stopped me in my tracks when I first heard his audition, he's as close as we are ever going to get to Freddie (although obviously there is no real comparison as he was the whole package when it came to performance).

supernaut likes this.
  9. Cubbiegirl

If Bri and Rog want to play thats great ....
    I just wish they wouldn't use the name Queen ...

10. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

I know what you mean. They aren't queen but the sort of still are. Maybe they should be called queen 2 :D

11. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Freddie.

Cubbiegirl and Sondek like this.
  12. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry about that.

Sondek likes this.
  13. Cubbiegirl

Marc Martel didn't come with a whole bunch of adoring fans ready and willing to purchase concert tickets
    If ya know what I mean ...,just my opinion...
    He was in my opinion the best one for the job if it was going to happen, but Lambert comes with his own fan group which was huge coming off of Idol ...

Purplefowler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.