Queensryche/Dream Theatre live review (short)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bartels76, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Last night I saw the Fates Warning/Queensryche/Dream Theatre show in CT.
    Queensryche was great. They played a couple new songs from their upcoming album "Tribe" and they sounded really good.
    They also played (off the top of my head):
    Screaming in Digital
    Empire
    Jet City Woman
    Silent Lucidty
    Breaking The Silence
    Eyes Of A Stranger
    Revolution Calling
    I Am I
    couple of others I can't remember right now. They sounded great.
    After Dream Theatre played their set both bands came out and played together. They had side by side drum sets that were bulit into each for Scott and Mike to play on. They did a Drream Theatre song and then Take Hold of The Flame and then jammed on Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who.

Great show!

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Any details about the DT set... did they played new songs from their upcoming record?

3. bartels76

My Dream Theatre knowledge is limited. James didn't mention anything about a new record or new material. You might have to go scope some websites antry to find a setlist. I know they played Hollow Years which I love! No Pull Me Under or anything from the first album though.

:(

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I would love to see this show. My very first concert was Queensryche's Promised Land tour. I'm starting to get into Dream Theater, I'd really like to see them live as well.

I knew that Chris was back with Queensryche in the studio, but I heard that he was non-committal about touring. I'm glad to see he's back with the band.

5. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Sweet. I'm seeing them tomorrow.

I kept hearing conflicting things about DeGarmo. Glad to see he's with them.

6. bartels76

I guess he's doing some shows on the tour? I don't know I'm confused. It had to have been him that I saw. He looks completely different now so you may not recognize him.

7. bartels76

Ummm...I was wrong Chris is not in the band anymore but he is on the new album. He has quit the band again and is not touring. Mike Stone is the new guitar player. Sorry everyone. I'm going redit my first post so people don't get confused.

8. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Damn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.