Question about LaCie Mobile Drive

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GLYNSTYLER, Sep 13, 2019.

1. GLYNSTYLER

GLYNSTYLER Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just got a LaCie 5TB mobile drive. I didn't want any of the free software included so I just plugged it into my PC (Windows 10) which my computer recognized immediately. I started transferring 2TB of hi-res files from a solid state drive onto it. The transfer is only 92% complete after 24 hours(!) Have I screwed up by not using the setup assistant first? I had read that the drive is plug & play...

Also, while the files were transferring I was seeing song titles that I know weren't on the host drive. What's up with that?

2. BruceS

BruceS Well-Known Member

Did you use the StartHere applet that is installed on the drive? It really shouldn't matter, as the drive would be in exFAT format anyway. It looks like the Toolkit s/w , which has to be downloaded, is just for backup, restore, & mirroring. Anyway, I'm doubtful the that's the problem, especially if your PC mounted the drive correctly. Is it stuck @92% or just going slowly? Although 2 TB is a fair amount of data, 24 hours is a long time to get to 92% for 2 TB.

3. GLYNSTYLER

GLYNSTYLER Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for your response, Bruce. It finally completed downloading after 26 hours. I'm sure I won't be moving that much data at one time again on this drive.