Question about used CDs on f.y.e. site

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MarkTheShark, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member Thread Starter

This may be a silly question, but I was looking at used CDs on f.y.e.'s website. I noticed some show the front artwork as well as the back of the case, while some show only the back of the case where the track listing usually appears.

In certain cases the "front cover artwork" sure looked a lot like those "stock photos" on eBay -- like maybe it's not the actual item pictured. Such as a photo of an LP cover when the listed item is a CD.

I found no "F.A.Q." of any kind on their site regarding this. My question is, for anyone who has bought any used CDs from their site -- if only the back insert of the jewel case is shown, and no front cover is shown, how likely is it that the cover insert would actually be present? The listings I saw had no information regarding this at all -- they did not say what was or wasn't included.

Anyone here buy any used discs from their site? Was everything included?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I never used their site, but I bought a CD from another bulk seller and the rear was nothing like the one shown. I think they just google images.

The only thing that will be correct is the barcode because that's how these sites work.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  3. Secondspin and FYE share all used inventory, they are owned by the same company. In general, the used CD inventory I come across at FYE is below collector grade. It's fine if you are merely looking for a play copy, but don't go hunting collectibles from them.

ScramMan2 and Dave S like this.
  4. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

I just put in a $43 order with FYE. Yesterday they sent me emails cancelling 3 items, 2 box sets and one cd. Of course wouldn't you know it these are the items that prompted me to place the order.

Funny thing , they are still listed on their site and also listed on the Secondspin site. The deal was 20% off with FREE shipping. Have no idea why they would cancel and still have these products up on their site?

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  5. chodad

chodad Hodad

I've ordered from them 5 or 6 times and never had a problem.

6. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I was able to build a sizable Dick's Picks collection with Secondspin over the years (prior to 2012).

Lately the quality has gone down, lot's of library items with sticker removal marks on the artwork. Prices have gone through the roof also.

They also buy CDs, even the stuff that will never sell here on SHF.

7. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

I just opened a claim against them thru paypal. They canceled 3/5 of my order. Still will not refund me over $35.

Got an email from FYE asking me to close the claim and they will refund me. Paypal told me not to, said if FYE gave me a refund the claim would be closed.

In fact all 3 items they cancelled are still available thru FYE and Secondspin (they are used items) I don't know why they canceled?

8. The chain is slowly going out of business. FYEs continue to close up across the country.

I'd be surprised if they made it past 2020.

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I've purchased from them before no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.