Question for Record Doctor users

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TSWisla, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident Thread Starter

When you initially put an LP on the DD, you put fluid on the top and spread it with a brush while turning the LP. On the underside, are you not getting the brush that sucks off the fluid all gunked up with the dirty underside of the LP? Am I missing something? Thank you.

2. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Mine has enough space that if you don't push down to hard the record doesn't contact the brush.

3. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident Thread Starter

So when the vacuum is turned on it pulls the record to the brushes?

4. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Correct.

5. Decard

Decard New Member

Hi everybody,
    I also have a question regarding the RD (in my case Model VI) but don't want to open a new thread. Sorry for my spelling and grammar as I am not a native speaker. I bought it used, but in good condition on Ebay. I drizzle a homebrew on, distribute it with the RD brush, flip and vacuum. I'm all in all satisfied with the cleaning results of the machine, although vacuuming the record 3-4 slow turns does not dry it totally. Now the issue: when looking into the vaccum slot from above past the felt lips, I can see that the slot ist closed. Ist not obstrukted by something, but rather build this way. Only about one inch of it towards the side of the power button actually opens into the machine. Is this the normal construction or do you think I bought a faulty model?
    Thank you in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.