Question: Shelly Manne - Live at the Blackhawk series.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by conjotter, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi folks.

Does anyone know if these four (?) fine LPs have been reissued on vinyl, and if so, which label?

I have the cds, which are excellent, but I would gladly purchase the LPs if they are done well.

Recently I found an original of one of the LPs, but it was very badly scratched up.

Regards, CJ.

2. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Can't answer your question, but if I remember correctly the LPs don't have as much music as the 5 CDs.

3. ausamerika

ausamerika Forum Resident

I've been looking into this a lot lately. Some of my favorite jazz ever. There's been a recent(ish) import reissue of Part 1, but that's all I've been able to find.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

People reading this, get the 5 OJC CD's, forget the LP's. The CD's have great sound, bonus tracks, untampered with sound. They could be out of print by now but won't cost much.

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  5. ausamerika

ausamerika Forum Resident

Harumpf. Fine. You twisted my arm.

6. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Analogue productions reissued the first LP many years ago. I recently picked up a 4 cd compilation of Shelly Manne's Complete Live at the Black Hawk 1959 recordings on Amazon for about $20.00. It has 28 tracks. Sound sound is great, and it includes a 20 page booklet. The label is "American Jazz Classics".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.