R.I.P Christine McVie

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BeatleStair, Nov 30, 2022.

1. ThereOnceWasANote

ThereOnceWasANote Forum Resident

Hep Alien, jestoon425, 905 and 9 others like this.
  2. PES

PES Forum Resident

Sad news indeed. I saw Fleetwood Mac on the Rumours and Tusk tours and both times Ms. McVie was the female vocalist that did the heavy lifting during the show, not Stevie. For whatever reason, both times, Stevie just wrapped herself in her shawl and barely emoted into the microphone, while Christine was the animated one. My minority opinion after that, certainly not supported by commercial considerations, was that Fleetwood Mac would have been better off as a four piece, with just Lindsey and Christine as the focus.

I do imagine this does finally close the book on Fleetwood Mac. So, to both Christine and the bands, RIP.

3. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

There's been a big auction of stuff that was owned by Chris, John and Mick scheduled for a few weeks from now, I wondered if it might've been for John's medical bills perhaps, but now I wonder if Chris wasn't also needing.

CNN had a few minutes on her tonight and that was nice to see, she reached a lot more people than I might imagine she could've realized. They mentioned how many generations knew the group and her songs.

4. Phil12

Phil12 Radiant Radish

[​IMG]

Cosmologists predict that multi-billions of years from now,
    the universe will expand up to a point that there will no longer be observable stars...

In a decade or so, most of our stars will be gone as well.
    Can we mentally prepare ourselves for that time?..
    RIP, Ms Perfect.

5. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Requiescat in pace.

Cryptical17 likes this.
  6. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

What a major loss. Love Christina’s songs and her collaborations with Lindsey Buckingham brought out some, maybe even most, of his best work. Why did my thoughts turn to Dennis Wilson, though?

7. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Blessings to you Christine Perfect and thank you.

8. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I would imagine Christine was tremendously wealthy. I doubt she’d need financial help of any kind.

9. jestoon425

jestoon425 Forum Resident

I thought I read somewhere that she was the wealthiest female musician of all time. I'm not sure how true that is - and I could be misremembering - but I wouldn't necessarily doubt it, considering the publishing royalties she must've gotten from all those wonderful hit singles.

10. Bobby Morrow

That wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I haven’t started reading this thread yet though I had heard about this by coincidence early this afternoon. I had absolutely no idea she was even sick, so this was quite a shock. As a testament to how beloved she was, wow, 24 pages already here! I don’t recall this much outpouring about anyone else this fast. I haven’t lost that many music stars I genuinely loved yet, but this is a big one and a real shock. I know as I get older it’s going to get worse, but this is a big one.

I’m grateful for the outstanding last album she did with Lindsey. She is going to be missed. That’s now the definitive end of one of my absolute all time favorite bands, going all the way back to the first album with Stevie and Lindsey. RIP!

12. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

My favorite singer in the group, maybe even my favorite songwriter. (It would be between her and Buckingham.)

RIP

13. DankFridge

DankFridge Forum Resident

She was the last FM member I thought would die today. RIP angel! Warm Ways is such an underrated gem. A soft rock pillow.

14. DankFridge

DankFridge Forum Resident

Brown Eyes is sooooo good and hypnotic. Love that Peter Green guitar solo on the fade out too.

Hep Alien, rockinlazys, 905 and 6 others like this.
  15. Nakamichi

Nakamichi The iceage is coming....

The best track on Tusk and sounds fabulous. I use it as a test track for the cymbals alone but it's all great.

Hep Alien, 905, VH3FAN and 2 others like this.
  16. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

A total shock. RIP and thank you, Chris.
    I'd have to guess that with Christine being gone now, the chances of any new Fleetwood Mac music are virtually nil if they weren't already. She always seemed like the calming influence in the band, balancing out the perpetual friction betweem Lindsey & Stevie. I'm so glad we got the album that she and Lindsey (and John & Mick) did a few years back.

17. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

I just read that she's gone.
    Very sad indeed. Love her voice.
    My condolences to her family and friends.
    May she rest in peace...

boggs and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  18. Bobby Morrow

I don’t think I’d even want Fleetwood Mac without Christine…

In fact, I don’t think the group really worked whenever any of the 3 main songwriters were missing…

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  19. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

R.I.P. glad I got to hear her talents live in concert.

20. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

Oh man, so many beautiful posts here. Such a lovely woman and great artist.

Good bye and thank you for a soundtrack to my life Christine.

21. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

What a bummer, must have been tough being thought of as the adult in room/peacekeeper amongst a bunch of knucklehead adults.
    Nice lady, great songs and voice, Rest easy Christine Perfect, you made a lot of people happy.

Hep Alien and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  22. This sad news blew me away! I rarely get emotional about someone i never met but this really was a shock. RIP great lady

23. She is/was great.
    Rest well, talented lady.

24. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

25. Rest In Peace Christine.
    Brilliant singer, songwriter.