Radiohead- A Moon Shaped Pool

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Groovy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

Tour announced too... Shame no Scotland dates but hey, new album... Hope it betters "The King of Limbs" as that one didn't do much for me...! :hide:

Six Bachelors and coffeetime like this.
  2. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

You’re probably right, but I’m a bit more cautious about status of album/cover. Consequence of Sound:

All of this comes as Radiohead gear up for the release their ninth studio album, the follow-up to 2011’s The King of Limbs. Back in October, the band’s members established a new company called Dawn Chorus LLP; they took similar actions months before releasing their prior two studio albums. A release date for the new album remains unconfirmed, though recent events do suggest its release could be imminent.
    If this (below) is this image you’re talking about, I’m not sure it’s the album cover — it’s been around for awhile on their web site. I don’t see any new album cover posted on their Facebook page though this is their new Profile photo on FB.

[​IMG]

3. TGW

TGW Forum Resident

I guess I was one of the few people who really liked 'The King of Limbs'. It might be in my top three favorite Radiohead albums list, if it isn't, I'm sure it is number four.

In any event, I'm excited for the new album and hope it comes out soon. I've already been treated to two unexpected and incredible albums in 2016 by David Bowie and Kendrick Lamar, so a new Radiohead album would be the cherry on my musical sundae.

cnolanh, Fletch, Solace and 5 others like this.
  4. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

You're not one of few, you're one of MANY. ;)

cnolanh, ARK, crispi and 9 others like this.
  5. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

It was a grower for me.

6. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

Very specific! I like it!

Preston likes this.
  7. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I suspect that anyone expecting the band to veer away from the use of electronics in creating their new music and revert to a musical approach they utilized twenty years ago will be disappointed.

pinkrudy, TGW and JohnnyQuest like this.
  8. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

I hear you. A date 'Oop North' would't have gone amiss and I suspect the Roundhouse shows will be massively oversubscribed. Ah well, will just have to content myself with another new Radiohead album to get to grips with instead.

bleachershane likes this.
  9. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Two nights at Madison Square Garden in July. Sounds good. Tickets go on sale Friday.

10. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

Just saw the London gigs are £65 per ticket.

Thanks, but no thanks.

11. Exit Flagger

I was just coming back to say the MSG tix are $80 a piece!

12. Vern

Vern Forum Resident

The Roundhouse would actually be a fairly decent venue to see them in at only aorund 1700 capacity, but £65 is taking the piss.

13. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Your counting's not so good, boy! I count two, maybe three if I'm feeling generous.

I'll be curious to hear what they come up with this time. It's probably too much to expect them to completely reinvent the wheel at this stage of the game. They seem to have settled into a comfortable groove/rut in terms of their sound on their last few albums. I'll be happy if we can get something near the level of In Rainbows in terms of quality.

14. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

I was thinking about trying for a Roundhouse show but if that's the price, after factoring in travel costs and possible accommodation (I'm originally from London and my family still live down there so could crash at one of their places) it's pretty much a no-no for me (and my partner that isn't the hugest Radiohead fan anyhow!)

Now, if they sorted a date a bit more north and at a more reasonable price, I'd bite.

coffeetime likes this.
  15. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Really hoping that Radiohead gets back to its old King of Limbs sound with this new album. It's been so long--5 years!!!

16. Exit Flagger

$80 plus tax and fees means about $100 a ticket which is pretty damn steep.

I wish they were doing an outdoors show in New York somewhere.

17. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

The Bends and Ok Computer ? What about Kid A,Amnesiac,In Rainbows,Hail to the Thief and KOTL? :wtf:

coffeetime likes this.
  18. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Though I know a lot of fans love it, I'm not as big on The Bends. I'd rank OK Computer and Kid A as all out masterpieces. Amnesiac is cool but too inconsistent for the highest marks. The same is true for Hail to the Thief, which suffers from a bit of CD era bloat. In Rainbows was a solid comeback, but The King of Limbs left me cold.

19. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

At 65 GBP, unless they go the ticketless route, those tickets will be gone in a millisecond and be on scalper sites for double or more. They should play larger venues.

20. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I like Radiohead Spectre, quite good!

21. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Personally I would put The Bends, Ok computer and Kid A as masterpieces with In Rainbows not too far behind but a cut below those three.

Preston and JohnnyQuest like this.
  22. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Can't wait to hear this. King of Limbs is my favourite Radiohead album so I'd really like to hear where they go now.

cnolanh and JohnnyQuest like this.
  23. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

im not even excited.....i mean ill definitely hear it when it leaks....

but my expectations are low.

24. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Your expectations are low? I take it you either hated The King of Limbs or a simply not a Radiohead fan.

25. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

pinkrudy hates everything after Amnesiac. Saying he has low expectations but will give the next album a listen is actually a softening of his earlier position that he refuses to listen to Radiohead's later albums.