Raining Wilburys in Toronto....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Sometimes one just gets lucky! :D

It was raining yesterday so I went to a local used CD store. Lo-and-behold, what did I find but the Traveling Wilburys, Volume 1 on CD!

MINE!

Went back after work and the place just started a 1/2 price vinyl sale. Go thru the first bin and Lo-and-behold, the Traveling Wilburys, Volume 1!

MINE!

Two copies in one day! :love:

I have the CD of the TW Volume 3. Is the LP better?

And someone once mentioned what Volume 2 was a live *what*? ..... can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks!

(P.S. This run of luck is a carry over from Sunday where I found a sealed DCC Sinatra '57 in concert. $20.00 on sale from $42.99. CAD funds, of course. That's about $12.00 US!)

2. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Any Vol. 2 or Vol. 4 is a bootleg. They usually include demos, officially released extended mixes, related recordings (officially released solo material with guest appearances by other Wilburys) or the live "Silver Wilburys" appearance (George, Dylan and John Fogerty joining Taj Mahal on stage).

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I saw a Russian boot Vol. 2 with Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" album

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yeah. There is a few imaged boots w/the WIlburys. I got my No.1 copy from BMG when it was totally in print. I think I paid $.99 for it. :)

5. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

6. Joseph

Joseph Senior Member

Nice score Gary!

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

A friend just told me that the Wilburys Vol 2 was suposed to be a live concert of the Wilburys. It was recorded but never released because of Roy's death.

Can anyone confirm this?

8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The Wilburys never performed live. Their second album was titled Volume Three because in George's words (paraphrasing) "With all the pressure surrounding a follow up, we decided to skip the second record and go directly to the third."

9. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

The only other official Wilbury cut is the "Nobody's Child" cut on the charity album. I think it also has a version of George Harrison's "That Kind of Woman" done by Eric Clapton. George never did this song, but Gary Moore did a blistering version of it on "Still Got the Blues" (which is a great album, by the way!)

:-jon

10. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

There are a few more official non-album Wilbury tracks: Handle With Care (extended), End of the Line (extended), New Blue Moon (instrumental) and Runaway (a cover of the Del Shannon song). All were b or c-sides of 45's, 12'ers or cd singles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.