Rear speaker sound temporarily low…?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Brendan2000000, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Brendan2000000

Brendan2000000 Member Thread Starter

Hello, I have an approx. 8 year old Yamaha receiver and speaker set-up. Recently (or so I’ve noticed) the right rear speaker has very low/no volume upon start-up, but as soon as I crank up the volume it starts working at the same volume as the left rear and other speakers (test process is using the test tone). Cable is set up properly, so I am thinking the problem is with the receiver or the speaker hardware, or can this be considered acceptably normal?

2. Brendan2000000

People, talk to me.

3. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

"Cable is set up properly"

Sure sounds like a loose speaker cable to me, but if you say the cable's set up properly...

If everythings connected snugly and it still has problems maybe switch speakers to see if it follows the speaker or stays on the left side.

jonwoody likes this.
  4. Brendan2000000

No looses cables, and the speaker is not the problem (I switched them over and same issue).

5. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

Did you swap channels on the back of the receiver to see if the problem follows? Could be a speaker cable issue, though more likely in the receiver.

6. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

Run the YPAO calibration again with the mic they gave you mayytt...It should let you know if you if something is screwed up with the connections, phase, etc before it sets the distances/levels/etc correctly...

7. Brendan2000000

I will give this a try. Thank-you, mate.