Received your "Pre-order" 2014 Beatles Mono vinyl records from Merchbar and/or Udiscover?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe spagnatti, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Somewhere in one of the myriad threads about these mono albums that have since been closed, there was a note from a Merchbar customer service rep stating these were not part of a repress, but rather a "continuation" of the old stock.

Take that for what it's worth. But if these are part of a repress, it's very strange that "Please, Please Me," "Beatles for Sale" and "Magical Mystery Tour" apparently were not part of the repress. So, I think the evidence strongly suggests this is leftover stock rather than a repress.

Dreaddazzman likes this.
  2. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

It is Def overstock. It is what hey said. Found in a warehouse. Stickers are from the 14 pressing. Now I know why I could never find Help. Cause they were misplaced in some warehouse

gckcrispy likes this.
  3. joe spagnatti

joe spagnatti Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well. not EVERYONE, unfortunately...I haven't even received an email response from Merchbar!

4. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I just received my refund when I cancelled on Friday.
    Figures.
    This a crazy way to do business.
    They must not have enough stock to ship to everyone.
    I received a full refund.

Well congrats to those who proved the donkey wrong!

ispace likes this.
  5. Slowdazzle

Slowdazzle Well-Known Member

Interesting theory- from what I understand Sgt. Peppers and Help were 2 of the first to become unavailable. Perhaps these and AHDN were misplaced somewhere or held back for some reason and that could explain why they disapeared so quickly. Maybe Merchbar / Udiscover is in the process of accounting for them all and is offering them for sale when possible. Doesn’t explain why they would advertise it as a repress when it is clearly not the case.

lightbulb and maui jim like this.
  6. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

anyone received AHDN yet? that's the one I ordered and have heard nothing, except that my SPLHCB was refunded.

7. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

I also ordered AHDN -- interestingly, I have NOT received a confirmation that the record is coming. So, perhaps they found their copies of "Help!" but are still searching for AHDN.

Another possibility: In the late summer, Merchbar rolled out an ad for "Sgt. Pepper." A few weeks later, Deacon Blues got his copy.

In the fall, Merchbar rolled out an ad for "Help!" Now -- a few weeks later -- we finally are getting our copies.

So, maybe watch for an ad for "AHDN," with our copies to follow a few weeks later?

8. joe spagnatti

I ordered both Help and AHDN fromMerchbar and received nothing, not even an answer to the email I sent last week asking about them!:realmad:

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  9. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

Sucks I didn't order Help. After I ordered Pepper, and they cancelled it and refunded my money, I figured it was a waste of time to order Help. Just my luck!

So, out of the whole set, I only need Help and Pepper, sealed!

Congratulations to everyone that received Help! That's awesome!!!!!

saborlord123 and savemenow like this.
  10. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

My Help! has landed. I hope everyone else get their copy soon.

11. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

So far it looks like we’re only dealing with Merchbar? Has anyone heard anything from Udiscover? I ordered Help!, AHDN and Pepper from them. Got a refund from them for Pepper a few weeks after I ordered, but it’s been radio silence ever since.

12. joe spagnatti

See my post above (#89) for an "update" from Udiscover.

13. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Thanks! Fingers crossed...

14. stevethehouse

stevethehouse Forum Resident

I don't understand why the most popular band in the world can't keep their back catalog in the band's preferred format (mono) in print. It is utterly ridiculous.

15. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

What's more ridiculous is that the original stereo mixes appear to be in the process of going out of print. On Amazon UK the Sgt. Pepper 2009 remaster is currently unavailable new, but Giles remix is readily available. It appears to me that the single disc versions of the remixes are replacing the originals. The 2009 White Album isn't available directly from Amazon UK either.

16. joe spagnatti

After 4 days and 2 emails, Merchbar FINALLY responded to my 2 emails (if you can call it a response) ...more "non-information" UNBELIEVABLE!!:realmad:
    I don't understand this company, some people get their albums and some of us don't even get answers!

Hi there,

We just want to inform you that we just made another follow-up from our warehouse team. As soon as they reply, we'll update you.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the delay and appreciate your patience with this.

Best,
    Jane

17. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Merchbar warehouse:
    [​IMG]

18. joe spagnatti

What does it look like? An original 2014 mono with "hype" sticker?

19. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

I received my (first of two) copy of Help yesterday. Was anticipating it to be possibly just the stereo, but nope it’s the mono.

20. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I gave up about a month ago and requested a refund. I then purchased these items from forum members.

Yes, I paid more but I did receive them and the funds went to family members.

Lemon Curry likes this.
  21. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

I've been doing it this way, slowly but surely. Not only does the money stay in the family, but previous owner(s) provide detailed info about vinyl condition. I know exactly what I'm getting.

22. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

Mine is identical to this description from earlier in the thread

23. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

The mono myth resurfaces.

24. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Geoff Emerick: "The mono mixes were made with The Beatles there, giving their input. They were never around for the stereo mixes. That was George Martin’s interpretation of what they’d want…and my interpretation. So, the mono recordings are the definitive mix."

Richard Lush: "The only real version of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is the mono version. The Beatles were there for all of the mono mixes. Then after the album was finished, George Martin, Geoff Emerick and I did the stereo in a few days, just the three of us, without a Beatle in sight."

Ken Scott: "It was specifically on Revolver that the Beatles started to get involved in mixes AND THEN ONLY THE MONO ONES until the White Album."

WMTC and Szeppelin75 like this.
  25. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

How many times do we have to go through this? There isn't an instance where The Beatles and anyone who worked on the music say they preferred stereo from the time. There's several saying they prioritised mono.

I do Ringo remember saying he preferred stereo. When the 2009 remasters were released and cash was to be made again. He was hardly going to say otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.