Recomendations for CD/R burning software for compilations

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

I'm looking for some suggestions for a software package that I can use when making compilations. Right now I use Exact Audio Copy EAC for burning disks, but I haven't really put together too many compilations yet. I'd like something that I can use to keep the volume for each track at a fairly consistent level for the entire CD. There is a "normalize" option in EAC, but I haven't used it yet. I want to make sure that I am not compromising the sound quality either. Oh, yeah, and I'm looking for something that I can download for free!

thanks in advance. :)

2. ybe

ybe The Lawnmower Man

I've been happy with Feurio. The free trial version is fully functional. www.feurio.com

3. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I use Nero at home and I've been very happy with it. The minor "editing" tools are also very useful. For more important or complex CD editing, I use my studio set up which includes Pro Tools, Spark XL, and Adaptec (Roxio) Jam.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

EAC and Nero make a good team together. :)

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I use Adobe Audition to keep the levels constant. I rip with a choice of several programs, including Audition. I favor CD Creator because I can already have the tracks labeled by either the CD or CDDB.

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

thanks one and all. I'll do some experimenting! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.