Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

The USA RSD site already says that the event will be spread over three dates in August, Sept. and Oct. June came and went in the USA, I think.

bcliff33 likes this.
  2. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

well of course I do that but half my country thinks the coronavirus is a hoax.

3. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Whatever I do, I think the best thing to do is to get my purchases carefully bagged and then leave them for 3 days in the spare room before touching.

TonyCzar and tug_of_war like this.
  4. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

I’m being serious. Your eyes are a mucous membranes and absorb the virus the same way you mouth, nose, and throat do. People assume they are safe because they wear gloves and a mask.

5. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I had to return a record to them once that was warped. It was easy to return it. No hassle whatsoever. Email them and they will give you next steps.

Barnyard Symphony likes this.
  6. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Your point?

Christian Hill likes this.
  7. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

You asked all of them?

izgoblin and bootbox like this.
  8. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

This is what happens to a thread after it scrapes the bottom of the barrel...

9. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

It means I’ve read articles, too. Articles that clearly and scientifically support my assertion that eyes are indeed a mucous membrane that allow for the transmission of the coronavirus. So, I’m guessing you’ll come back with either a) you understand the articles better than I do or b) the articles or peer-reviewed literature you’ve read are more relevant than what I have. So, no...I’m not interested in further discussion.

TonyCzar likes this.
  10. bob chabot

bob chabot chab

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

tug_of_war likes this.
  11. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Got a link to one that has proven same? Peer-reviewed?

12. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

RSD Mk I in the USA will now be in August, not June. Not covid trolling, but just wondering: will you be ready willing and able to queue and mosh in-store at that point for records?

13. ThirtyThree1/3

ThirtyThree1/3 Forum Resident

Well, as things stand today, no. Only because people are being fairly reckless. Also, because my wife is a nurse and is currently at work taking care of a Covid baby in full PPE as we type. I saw a picture of people standing in a huge line at Mack and Manko's down the shore and no one was wearing a mask.

On the other hand, I am hoping by then things have waned a lot. It's very unclear if my stores will even open to the public again, instead continue doing online orders. One of them has explicitly stated they are unsure if they will publicly open. From what I have gathered, RSD is allowing stores to do as they see fit. Who knows, it might be by order and pickup. I know some of that defeats the purpose of us vinyl lovers gathering.

lazydawg58 and TonyCzar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.