Record Store Day 2021 - 12 June and July 17 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Yes, hhv.de use flat rates. Weird and sometimes makes me look elsewhere, but there you have it. They charge €9,99 flat for the EU so €19,99 isn't too bad for the US - not cheap but not that bad either.

2. steelinYaThighs

steelinYaThighs "I'll be dancin' on Diamonds..."

3. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

No problem. I'm glad to help out when I can.

sillycornelius likes this.
  4. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I was in the same boat. I had it in different carts, different online stores. It's hard to pay that much for a single lp that is digitally mastered. I do feel it will sound good and the music is good too. I don't need another box that holds 1 LP though. I'm not hating in the package, it looks like a passion project.

I did about the same thing with the Bill Evans but at least it's 3 Lps of music and no big box. I passed twice online.

I've been on a bit of a Zappa hunt regardless.

5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

available here for anyone looking.

War - The Vinyl: 1971-1975 [RSD Drops 2021] | StashRecordsNW

djost, black sheriff and uzn007 like this.
  6. My thoughts exactly. While the box has some goodies, space is a premium, I get frustrated enough with all the Stoughton gatefolds for 1 LP that take up the space of 3 normal discs, and the One Step (et. al) boxes for 2 LPs.

If it were a normal release in a single pocket jacket, I'd buy it in a heart beat at the $25-$35 range. $60 and a bunch of stuff I don't need or have room for and I'm not so sure.

I also passed on the Bill Evans, as I haven't been that impressed with his other RSD releases I have. Good reviews coming on that release though. If I could do it over again, I may have picked that one up..

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    mikemoon likes this.
  7. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Opened my Small Faces today. No signature on the post card. WTF? Any ideas on who I might contact to rectify this?

uzn007 likes this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ouch. That sucks. Unfortunately I can’t help with a contact.

allbrosca likes this.
  9. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Someone above got two signatures. Do a search. This could be a match made in heaven!

10. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

So, I opened mine today and I have a postcard, but it is not signed. Any chance you would help me out?

CBackley likes this.
  11. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

The changes after 1st July are a real pain. It’s made a massive change to pricing on non-UK Discogs items, which has made me think twice about a fair number of potential purchases. The imusic.dk postage charge was pretty reasonable so I’m hoping that’s it, although as you say the charge may come when the order is actually being delivered.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  12. LeaveItTubeBeaver

LeaveItTubeBeaver Forum Resident

I was so excited for John martyn but craft really screwed up by not putting these in mofi sleeves. I've never received such a scuffed up record before[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AnalogJ, rednedtugent, J_D__ and 4 others like this.
  13. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

That is pitiful! Their customer service needs to see those pics.

RocksOff87 and LeaveItTubeBeaver like this.
  14. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

That’s terrible...wouldn’t buy a used record in that condition

15. LeaveItTubeBeaver

I sent them a message. I assume they will do the right thing, I'm not going to hit up the record store since this has nothing to do with them.

I expect they will make it right, but how in the world can you state it's a half speed master and send it in a thick paper insert? Just doesn't make sense.

On a positive note, they do great work. You can tell that it sounds nice, but the static is ruining it for me

Greenalishi and Bob J like this.
  16. JohnQVD

JohnQVD bought too many records this week

That’s fair. That’s the best reason to reissue stuff AFAIC. I’ve passed that record up a couple of times even though the copies were clean. Guess I shouldn’t have.

uzn007 and Greenalishi like this.
  17. LeaveItTubeBeaver

I only bought 2 albums from last weekend and thankfully this one wasn't a dud! I loved the first compilation so I had to pick it up. The sound is stellar and the packaging is amazing. Helluva package for $30

[​IMG]

18. RocksOff87

RocksOff87 Forum Resident

Picked up Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds & Chicago Blues from Newbury Comics a few days ago (both from the first June drop).

The wallet will never forgive me...but delighted to find these! :)

Hopefully somewhat redeeming myself after passing on a copy of Quiet Kenny for $25 when it was right in front of me :sigh:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Greenalishi and Beach House like this.
  19. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I’ve mentioned it before upthread, but I’ve seen this title so many times in excellent condition for under $8 recently but always passed on it. Maybe they’re all beat up in Arizona?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Greenalishi likes this.
  20. JohnQVD

JohnQVD bought too many records this week

Maybe it sold better up here, so there are more good copies available. I’ve definitely bought stuff when visiting other parts of the country that I can never find where I live (here and previous residences).

Fruff76 likes this.
  21. djost

djost Hyperactive!

22. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

That’s a good point.

23. alx7

alx7 Forum Resident

I have listened to the first 3 records of this set. There is vinyl noise that is barley tolerable on my copies. The noise is between tracks and then, seems to me, tames down
    during the songs significantly. I'm no expert but that seems a bit weird (thankfully). It reminds me of my Triumph Allied Forces picture disk from drop 1. I don't usually clean new records but I thought to wet clean disk 1.But nothing much changed.
    Other than that the sound is spectacular and the music is great. If these do come out on black vinyl I will be checking out the debut album to see if it's better.

Beach House likes this.
  24. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Deja Vu alternates just arrived, oh man, that dirt magnet matte cream sleeve, straight into a poly outer. Now to give the LP a clean.

j4yheindeo and rednedtugent like this.
  25. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Let me know if you are able to re-fit the inner sleeve in the jacket - I couldn't, too tight! :realmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.