Red White Blue DMM German Lp's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DjBryan, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member Thread Starter

I went to my parents house, found my old lps'. I came across german Direct metal master lp's. Very good shape. I played them I couldnt believe how much treble was in the lp. It sounded fresh and lively. Anyone know of these?. ALSO I never remember having this, but I have a PROMO lp of Badfinger, Wish you were here, this sounds sooooo much better than my cd. Thanks guys

2. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

I really like the sound on the german beatles red/white/blue lps for the most part, tho someone did point out here that they have a narrowed soundstage. I found the vinyl extremely quiet and very dynamic on all 3.

3. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Are these the coloured vinyl issues???(Red/White/Blue) I have a set of these that's been sitting around for almost 20 years(hard to believe)!

Chris

4. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member Thread Starter

yep the same ones. but german

5. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Germany as well as the U.S. and the UK also issued colored vinyl versions of all three in 1978 (except there was no white vinyl White Album issued in Germany then.) The German LP's were not DMM's at that time and have the proper soundstage.

The DMM versions from Germany were issued in 1985.

6. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Play them about 10 to 12 times. The brightness will mellow out. The bass will smooth out also. Bright sounding and bass heavy were characteristics of early DMM pressings. The rule of thumb was to give them enough plays so they could settle down, so to speak.

Despite the narrowing down the channels, I love the DMM "White Album!" The bass on it is unbelievable. The "Blue" also has its moments. However, I find the "Red" to have quite a few mastering problems to it. I don't know if it has anything to do with the DMM processing or the tapes that were used.

Try doing a search on these records. They have been discussed many times here. ;)

7. analogmaniac

analogmaniac Senior Member

I have them and thought they sounded great till I got the UK red and blue. The UK is very much better.

8. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

The Red, White, and Blue colored vinyl LPs were also issued in France. I know that the Red and Blue were also issued in Japan. I am not aware of the White album being issued on white vinyl in Japan, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.