Rega Brio 2017 or... better options for the price point?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by krambigmac, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeVinyl

MoeVinyl Member

I currently own a pair of Klipsch R-28F and a pair of Energy CB-10 bookshelf speakers.
    I would like an amp that I could use with either set. The amp will be used primarily for Vinyl.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Rega, but just wondered if I should spend a little more to get the Rogue. Is there a significant difference when it comes to the phono stage?? I've read good things about the Brio's phono, but can't find into on the Rogue.

2. Pythonman

Pythonman Forum Resident

The Brio-R phono stage is pretty good but, if your cartridge is on the low output side, say 2mV or so then you probably wont enjoy the Brio as much. Loved my Brio, but to hear vinyl reproduced at a healthy listening level I had to make CD recordings of them with the levels pushed way up to almost in the red. Then, on playback I could hear how full and fleshed out the phono section was. A cartridge with 4+ mV would have been an excellent match.

3. MoeVinyl

MoeVinyl Member

I have an Ortofon 2m Red. I think its 5mV

4. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

Thread bump. Wondering if OP has his Outlaw up and running yet.

I'm looking for an upgrade and looking at Outlaw vs. Rega Brio. For months I've been planning to get the Outlaw but then I came across the Rega and now i'm not so sure. I just picked up the KEF Q150 during black friday sale for reference. And Pro-Ject Carbon turntable + blue ortofon

5. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

If you're more excited about "deals" than sound, then there will be a Chinese product in your future. If you want better sound, you should hear the Brio.
    -Bill

6. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Love my Chinese integrated tube amp. Bests the Krell integrated I had that was 3X the cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.