Remembering ' Team America World Police '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good movie but nowhere have I ever heard the film makers acknowledge Thunderbirds which is a pity, even in the making of feature on the dvd extras

2. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Funniest thing I've heard in months !

groundharp and Rocker like this.
  3. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

The Hans Blix and King Jong Il bit is probably the only part that stuck in my mind.

Still gets me!

4. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Incredible movie. Good litmus test, too...

5. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Newsreader: "Once again Team America has pissed off the entire world." :biglaugh:

6. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I saw it in the theater when it came out and being a big South Park/Trey and Matt fan in general, loved it. It was probably the first movie my wife and I saw together when we were first dating. She loved it too. I especially liked how they seemed to not have a "side", they just blasted everyone.

7. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

The South Park creators hated the process with film puppets that they stated they'd give all the money back if they wouldn't have had to go through it.
    So you wont be seeing a sequel.

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

They did it all the time in interviews.

somnar and bpmd1962 like this.
  9. Strat-Mangler

This and the South Park movie were some of the funniest things I've ever seen in a movie theater. Unpredictable, seemingly random, silly, irreverent, and just plain offensive.

My stomach hurt from laughing so hard!

10. Hightops

Hightops Forum Resident

The "making of" extra on the dvd really makes one appreciate the painstaking effort required. Headaches galore.

11. That’s your experience.
    I distinctly remember the complete absence of any mention of Thunderbirds and Gerry Anderson’s work in press or the making of featurette because I like to take offence

12. Strat-Mangler

Guess so.

13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I remember them saying it was completely in homage. And wondering how Gerry Anderson did it so long without going insane. How many SERIES did he do anyways?

I still love the Fireball XL5 theme.

14. maybe I was wrong

15. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Not gonna lie I would totally buy a CD collection of songs Trey Parker has written for Orgazmo, South Park and Team America

16. Jamsterdammer

Jamsterdammer The Great CD in the Sky

Hilarious movie. Complete parody of The Thunderbirds, which I loved as a kid. The scat scene is sooooo funny.

17. drmark7

drmark7 Forum Resident

My two cents... TEAM AMERICA is a great movie... But I'll take it with the CUT version of the puppet love scenes. (I bought the UNCUT dvd and regretted it.) It was just TOO MUCH. Added nothing of value... other than shock value. Other than those moments... a great little film.

18. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

I don't know about the others but there's a soundtrack for Team America, which my wife went out and bought right after seeing the movie.

Various - Team America: World Police - Music From The Motion Picture

19. AirJordanFan93

I'll have to get that at some point. I have two of the South Park soundtracks though one lacks original compositions and the other is the movie soundtrack.

Duke Fame likes this.
  20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Oh has it got some classics!

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Time for -Team America 2.
    Let’s Kick Covid - 19 in the asss. ;)

22. AirJordanFan93

I mean I have seen the movie so I know the songs well.

JamieC likes this.
  23. Strat-Mangler

The context is the MPAA is an extremely political organization and depending on your ties in the industry (who your friends are), your movies will be either put under the microscope or allowed to get away with murder.

Since the MPAA has a vehement dislike for Stone/Parker, the notes they would get would be utterly ridiculous. Their reaction was to submit a cut 10x worse than what was initially submitted. The MPAA ended up sending notes which made the initial cut OK, they resubmitted it, and it was accepted.

Always thought Uncut versions of any movie should provide the viewer with the possibility of seeing the theater cut as well.

24. AirJordanFan93

I have a few movies that offer both the Directors Cut as well as a Theatrical cut. A lot of films on Blu-Ray will include both cuts of the film on the disc,

25. Strat-Mangler

Some will but most won't. It requires a new index tree to be created and it's a pain in the neck as you then need a menu interface so viewers can choose which version they want, etc.

In some cases like the Lord Of the Rings trilogy, the changes are far too numerous to bother going through any of that, hence why the discs are sold separately.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.