Resident Alien TV show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Nomadicarchivist, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

lc1995 likes this.
  2. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

They use it in a sexual sense too. By Season 4 of Mr. Robot, there were definitely not restrictions left on the cursing.

But this is a family show, so they hold back on the cursing.

3. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Well, there was the scene in El Camino...

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And just to bring this thread up to date, a pal of mine informed me that a trailer (of sorts) for Season 2 just hit a few days ago...

Resident Alien returns January 26, 2022 on the SyFy Channel. I think it's a really charming (albeit cheap) show that has some solid laughs and goes in some unexpected directions, which is no small feat these days.

5. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Love the show. Unique and funny.

jwstl and jason88cubs like this.
  6. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank God!! Been jonesin for the quirkiness

7. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

I was JUST thinking about this show the other day...like when will a new season start. Hooray!

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

For Canadian fans - CTV Sci-Fi is replaying season 1 on Wed, I assume they will be the ones carrying season 2 when it starts.

kevywevy likes this.
  9. I sure hope so , I really enjoyed the first season. The little town is actually Ladysmith, British Columbia, hometown of Pamela Anderson and right near the small town where my father grew up. It is rather picturesque around there.

Deuce66 likes this.
  10. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

My dad lived at the north end of Saltspring Island for about 25 years. I traveled the Crofton-Vesuvius ferry several times, but always to or from Duncan, never went north.

kevywevy likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And a newer trailer hit a couple of days ago...

Show returns to SyFy on January 26th.

Nomadicarchivist, jpelg and kevywevy like this.
  12. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

A favourite. Welcome back. It's you. You are the reason I feel the joy and the fury all wrapped up.

Nomadicarchivist likes this.
  13. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident Thread Starter

GREAT opening episode for season 2 tonight!! Perfect combo of quirky and funny.. David Bowie in the soundtrack was awesome and the octopus was funny ..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    Deuce66 and badfinger54 like this.
  14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I had several lol moments, if season 1 was a little weird they upped the stakes a little bit for season 2. :righton:

15. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Loving the Second Season, but I was disappointed with the Sheriff’s way too quick discovery of the cooler.

It certainly isn’t up to the writing, story development of the series so far:

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The ending of ep.2 certainly opens up the possibility that more people will be in the loop about Harry.

17. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I’m glad they are getting into pre-alien Harry and the murder of the town doctor, there wasn’t any teaser for it in the trailers.

I guess his wife wasn’t privy to the info discovered on pre-alien Harry’s past, or the writers came up with it between her leaving and the show being renewed for a second season.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

"Your grandfather's table is crap."

chrischerm, Deuce66 and Paul J like this.
  19. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

"I'm also a licensed helicopter pilot, I put out fires with swimming pool water." Amazing that "Mr. Preacher" has time for that when he's taking care of five kids. :D

Deuce66 likes this.
  20. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I really enjoyed Season 2 Episode 2. Very funny and sticking to the spirit of the series. I see no drop off in quality at all. In fact, it might not have peaked yet.

21. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

3 episodes in and I’m not impressed with Season 2. The show has a lot potential with interesting characters but the writing is a let down.

22. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Wasn’t thrilled with Episode 5, but Episode 6 was terrific!

The pre-Alien Harry storyline and ‘present day’ Harry’s discovery of it bit by bit is well written and intriguing.

The ‘real moments’ between the other characters aren’t really necessary, they (Sheriff & Mayor) are strong and funny enough without those storylines.

“I was distracted by the coupon.”

23. Beer Milk Shake

Beer Milk Shake Forum Resident

Terrific, indeed, especially the serenity of a certain scene...sniff...darn hay fever!

Paul J likes this.
  24. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

The death of Nathan Fillion coupled with a Bee Gees song in the background was my favorite scene from the series so far.

25. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

We're probably a few behind. Just seen the one where he tries to get all 'seductive male' in the bar with the little lady scientist. It was that cringeworthy that at one point I was watching from behind a cushion. Painfully funny.
    I LOVED the really poignant M.A.S.H ending with D'arcy in the helicopter too. That music.... Brought a tear to the eye.