Reunion predictions 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Madrid, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident Thread Starter

Let's predict which bands will get together again at some point during next year and see if we are right as the year progresses.

I'll start: Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman bring David Crosby in for another round of shows of their Byrds celebrations, but actually decide to go out under the Byrds name.

2. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Sonic Youth...they have all been involved in different screenings of Lance Bangs’ excellent Daydream Nation complete performance footage and Kim seems to be in a really good place. Maybe this is the year her and Thurston make amends?

3. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

Rage Against The Machine - Tom Morello and co. must have enough of playing as a Almost-RATM and Zac is not doing especially well with his solo career.
    Time to get it together and kick some ***ess !

James Bennett, Terry, Daryl M and 6 others like this.
  4. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

5. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Don Felder with the Eagles! Well.. not happening..

6. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

7. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

My guess is 2020, but I'll go with 2019 just in case. REM will tour, not sure about new music, but that might come also. This will include Bill Berry in at least appearences at various shows if not as a full time drummer.

Wildgift, agaraffa, Ash76 and 8 others like this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I doubt it. I don't sense a huge groundswell of interest. A band like this isn't going to reform and go out of they can't play and fill big venues.

They still need a few years.

9. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

2019 might be a bit soon, but Peter Hook seems more up for a reunion with New Order with every new interview.

From a new Rolling Stone one

I love what Joy Division achieved, and the lads —even Bernard and Stephen [Morris] — I have to give it to them. We may have our huge differences now, but at the time, we were all pointing in the same direction. We all wanted to succeed and we worked so hard against all the odds and these items document that journey and that struggle. And it hasn’t got a happy ending, which makes it more poignant.

Do you foresee anytime you’d play with them again, like if either Joy Division or New Order were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
    I’m sort of out of the loop, shall we say. Which is a great sadness, so I’ve no idea if something like that were to be offered. I mean, blooming hell, they should be [inducted], shouldn’t they? Both New Order and Joy Division should be in every hall of fame. Maybe everyone’s waiting until we become friendly [laughs] and then we’ll be hit with a massive rush. But it would be very difficult, wouldn’t it? If someone tried to induct you, and they go, “Oh, my God. They’ll only end up fighting backstage.” [Laughs]. It puts people in an unfortunate position, doesn’t it?

So there are no circumstances you’d play together again?
    Hey, listen, the world is a wonderful place. It’s only hope that keeps us all going through every day. So yeah, it’s something that you hope will happen. It’d be wonderful and in many ways, the fact that you didn’t reconcile is one of the greatest sadnesses because of how much you’ve shared and how much you still share.
    I, for one, would be over the moon if these guys found a way to work together again.

10. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Hooky must have burned his bridges to embers with his books. And he must know that.
    I don't see it happening, ever.

11. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Oasis. Not going.

audiomixer and Fullbug like this.
  12. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

The Smiths

:imwithstupid::whistle::tsk:

mattdm11 and johnnybrum like this.
  13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I think they hang out as evidenced by the recent picture on the steps of Dischord House, but they don't make music anymore. I wouldn't count on it...it'd be cool though.

phillyal1 and ian christopher like this.
  14. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

KINKS !

Let's hope

15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I know it won't happen, but...Talking Heads.

16. AndyP19

AndyP19 Forum Resident

Too true if Gillian ever speaks to Hooky again in another million years I’d be surprised.

Spot778 and DTK like this.
  17. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours lineup...

The dramatic groundwork has been completed for the big final blowout tour... ;)

Terry, Geir, Witchy Woman and 6 others like this.
  18. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

If the book’s accurate they don’t need her in the line-up ... makes no difference ;)

19. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

That was Minor Threat, not Fugazi.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  20. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I strongly suspect ex-It Bites bandmate Bob Dalton will show up at one or all of Francis Dunnery's 'The Big Lad In The Windmill' UK shows next month :) Bob has been very active in getting some unreleased It Bites live material out to the fans lately and he and Frankie have been quite chatty in the last few months :)

Thorpy and sheffandy like this.
  21. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

The Jeff Beck Group! Then I woke up. :shake:

FillmoreGuy, jwjeffrey and Daryl M like this.
  22. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

23. Devotional

Devotional Senior Member

24. I realize this is a cynical/snarky comment, but … how about (the majority of) pop music and good taste get back together?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  25. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Ace Frehley will join KISS just in time to put a fork in the end of the road tour. More shows added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.