Review: Rythmik F12G Direct Servo Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ErinH, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinH

ErinH Forum Resident Thread Starter

Full breakdown of the FG12 subwoofer from raw drive-unit analysis to enclosure analysis and amplifier usefulness. This is by far the most in-depth review I've ever written. I think I spent a full 3 days on this at the time, which was April 2013. Heck, it took me 3 hours just to copy/paste everything to my new site. But if you're looking for a great home subwoofer setup I still recommend this.

Hope you all get something useful from it.

Rythmik Audio F12G Direct Servo Subwoofer In-Depth Review

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cdgenarian, Kyhl, mreeter and 3 others like this.
  2. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

Once you go servo there's no going back.

mreeter likes this.
  3. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

That's quite an extensive technical review. If you haven't, you might consider sending it to Brian to link on his site.
    I bought an F 12 G (with the paper driver) in gloss finish as an experiment for my main hi-fi several years ago to use in combo with several old Velodynes; it now resides in a small home theatre system where it performs admirably. I got to meet Brian once I moved to Austin and bought a pair of the 15" sealed cabinet woofers (no paper cone available on these), to supplement the deep bass on my Avantgarde Duos. I cheat and use a small DSP unit as well.
    Brian is very knowledgeable, customer oriented, and his products deliver the goods at a reasonable price. I could have spent far more on subs, but no need. These all perform beyond expectations, are well made and the packaging is well thought out, as are the various options, none of which are overpriced.

Bill Mac and Kyhl like this.
  4. timind

timind phorum rezident

Thanks for posting the review. I'm currently trying to decide which sub to buy for my system. The F12G looks great, but I would be afraid it's too heavy to carry it down the basement stairs. The Rythmik L12 seems manageable though. Stuck on SVS, Rythmik, HSU, or Martin Logan.

5. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

That's what hand trucks are made for.

Bill Mac and Big Blue like this.
  6. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yes, hand truck and a friend or two who will work for beer. I don’t think I would carry any decent-sized subwoofer down stairs by myself.

7. timind

timind phorum rezident

I normally use one of my grandsons for this type of task. After the thing is downstairs though, it needs to be moved around to find the proper location. Still deciding.

Big Blue likes this.
  8. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

Leverage :)

timind and Bill Mac like this.
  9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Smart move! Maybe mention the sub could possibly be inherited by the grandson that lends the most assistance :D.

Denizen23, timind and F1nut like this.
  10. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Nice review bikinipunk! Thanks for all your help years ago on DIYMA !
    Peace.

ErinH likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.