Rhino Handmade releasing Jan & Dean "lost album" - Carnival of Sound*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jdmack, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

How does "insincere" sound? That's such a generation x thing to say. :laugh: Did you like "Save for a Rainy Day"?

I can't wait for this thing to get here. Those three songs sound wonderful to me. I can just see Jan, suffering like he did, longing for the simplicity of Laurel & Hardy. This is pretty emotional stuff in its own way.

2. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Anyone receive this yet? How does it sound? As I said earlier I'm considering a purchase.

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Delta Tau Delta is the fraternity from Animal House. Perhaps the deluxe edition that has been rumored for years?

S. Michigan Avenue is east of Wabash so I initially thought possibly a Chess project but the map is showing the 3400 block and not the 2100 block.

However, both projects are owned by Universal. Are they even related to Warner?

4. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

When is Carnival Of Sound supposed to ship?

5. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Mine just arrived along with my Wilson Pickett and Monkees!:cheers:

6. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

It sounds exactly like what it is -- a 1967 Jan Berry production with the wrecking crew and very normal lyrics for that time and place. I don't understand the use of the term, "insincere," at all. Are you familiar with J&D?

7. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

DAMN! Happy Birthday to you!! Sending a large shovel your way to help you dig in! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm lost on the quote as well. Great stuff to my ears.
    I've had boots for years, It'll be nice to get the goods on this set!

8. Dennis Metz

Oh ya:cheers:

9. gottafeelin

My order status at Rhino.com still says unknown. So I just called Rhino's customer service and they said that my cd shipped on the 24th! Can't wait!

10. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

On average how long is the actual shipping taking for this title? Mine shipped on the 23rd and they said it would take around 10-12 business days.

11. Dennis Metz

Mine came via UPS literally a couple of days after the email:cheers:

12. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

You just answered your own question.

Off hand I would say to take the ship date of the 23rd and ADD 10-12 days. If you get it before then....whoopee.

In other words, look for it by next Friday, March 5 at the earliest.

Truthfully, Derek Flint wouldn't worry about it. :D

13. Hawkman

You guys all came over from The Monkees thread didn't you? :D

14. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Wasn't part of "Carnival of Sound" issued as "Save For a Rainy Day"? Or,was that a separate Lp?

15. Hawkman

Totally separate album.

16. gottafeelin

:winkgrin: Yeah, I was really annoyed by all the shipping updates on the Monkees thread, but now I know how they felt.

17. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I was just wondering if it actually took 10-12 days.

18. Hawkman

:D

It depends on where you are and how they are getting it to you. USPS, UPS...whatever. My experience is that it is usually UNDER that time frame but given that we just had ANOTHER winter blast here in the east, I'm giving Rhino the benefit of the doubt and don't expect to see it until the middle of next week.

19. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

A question guys, When the album was mailed did you receive a confirmation that it was on it's way? I just got charged last tuesday for $50 from Rhino but I wonder if the LP had been sent out at that time.

20. gottafeelin

I did not receive an email when it shipped.

21. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

ok, great maybe/hopefully it will come in the mail today. Thanks.:)

22. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

I haven't received an e-mail or the cd yet, but Rhino customer service told me it shipped 2/24.

23. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I received mine on Saturday and when I went to take it out and play it the next day, IT BROKE TRYING TO GET IT OUT from the stupid package!!!!:realmad:

I HATE these new packages that have that plastic center that you can't push down on! I really didn't thinkl I was pulling that hard but it wouldn't come out and just snappe easily! I emailed Rhino about getting a replacement disc and they said they sent my request to their customer concerns department and will email me back.

I hope I can get a replacement disc - which I will promptly put in another holder - IF the new one doesn't brake! I have never had that happen before - just a note of warning to those getting this - BE CAREFUL! Damn, and I wanted to listen to the CD!!!!

24. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

My CD arrived today. It was an unusual item for me to order, but I got swept up in the story of a legendary unreleased album, recorded in the aftermath of Jan's accident. "The Little Old Lady from Tijuana" is a real treat as I remember the original version from my childhood and seeing the album cover in collectors' shops as a teenager.

Lately, I've been putting together my Monkees collection (after intending to do so for several years, despite having bought the Arista CDs when they were released). It was neat to hear Davy Jones' spoken part during "In the Still of the Night".

CDs like this are why I've always loved Rhino.

pablo fanques likes this.
  25. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Update: it was waiting for me when I got home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.