Rhino Woodstock box set - Shipping thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jay.dee, Aug 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Many thanks for your kind input! :)

When I enter the B2C Europe website and put my Order number, they aer directed to the DPD page with the usual Friday Shipped to destination country status, a status that DPD in Greece cannot see.

May I ask at which stage you have managed to see that your package was delivered to CORREOS? It was shown in the B2C page or otherwise? Which of all these order/shipment numbers works with Correos tracking system?

Thanks again.

2. JDM

JDM Forum Resident

What day did you order your box if you don't mind my asking? I ordered on July 29 and just received word they're giving me a refund as I missed the bus for this box.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

It turned up yesterday's evening; before it was only a "pre-registered" status displayed.

I did not know it was handled by B2C until yesterday's evening.

The shipment number seems to work.

RiRiIII likes this.
  4. JDM

JDM Forum Resident

Good analysis and I'm glad you got a copy. I ordered one on July 29 and just missed out and will be issued a refund. I waited until the banner said "less than 100 copies" before ordering. The first time I noticed the set for sale the banner said "less than 300 copies." Should have jumped on it then. In fact, I refreshed the page several times, for several days in a row, where it was stuck on "less than 300 copies" remaining. I don't even remember a banner saying "less than 200 copies" although there might have been one.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Forum Resident

That's just plain wrong, and really awful of them to try and pull something like this.
    The box didn't sell out until late July, so you were in there with plenty of time.
    I have now idea what the law is on issues like this but I would jump up and down and get them to honour the deal, even if they have to buy you one off ebay.

I really hope it gets resolved for you.

6. SamtheMan

SamtheMan Forum Resident

Sorry - did you order on May 29 or July 29???

7. JDM

JDM Forum Resident

I was unaware of this box set until less than 300 copies were available. I placed an order and Rhino deducted $871 from my checking account only to cancel my order 3 days later and issue a refund. Hey, I tried.

8. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

Something is wrong there. The box set didn't sell out until the very last week of July. There is no way it was gone or even anywhere near sold out in late May, 2 months earlier. Did you mean you ordered July 29? Did they charge your credit card and you got a confirmation? You say you got a refund but I don't see how it could have been sold out that early. I would take up that issue with them. I ordered on July 28 and got in before it sold out.

9. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

If that is the case you may have ordered it just after they sold out. They should not have taken your order and charged your card though. I ordered the day before when it said "less than 100 left". They then had it "sold out" a few hours later, but then sent an email saying it was back in stock the next day, so you may have just missed it as the final sets were down to the last few. Sorry you missed it. I would still try to negotiate with them if they took your order and charged your card.

10. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Well what can I say except I always knew it would arrive. It hasn`t yet!

BUT I`ve just had a message from Hermes that "an Antonov An-225 Mriya will deliver the big box between 2pm-6pm today. Please leave your driveway clear for landing."

Just like a bus you`ve been waiting for, for over an hour 3-4 arrive at once, because The Pretty Things LPs with live CD `Silk Torpedo` & `Savage Eye` & CCR `At Woodstock` LP also arrive today. I reckon I know which I`m playing first and in the correct order.

#1969 isn`t claimed yet and Andy Zax has said all the VIP freebie boxes were not numbered. I wonder...

mibrighton, Louis Bova and jay.dee like this.
  11. Louis Bova

Louis Bova Forum Resident

June 3rd

12. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident Thread Starter

The eagle has landed! :pineapple:

- the very year Charles II of England granted a land charter to William Penn, for the area that would later become Pennsylvania. That's the closest association I could find for my number.

Imagine70, JNTEX, MusicFan57 and 5 others like this.
  13. mibrighton

mibrighton Forum Resident

Well after another half hour trying to make Hermes understand my problem , it appears the postcode they have got doesn't match my address. Much hair pulling out . But finally got through to them and .... Just received my ginormous box , via a standard saloon car. Number 1682. Year of Halley's comet. In perfect condition, at least they packed them well. Here's hoping all others waiting get a good resolution.

14. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Thanks!

New Dpd status:
    20.08.2019 15:15 Veenendaal (NL) In transit

jvs52 and jay.dee like this.
  15. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Can we swap? It's 30km from my home.

jay.dee and RiRiIII like this.
  16. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

Looks like it was shipped by B2C from UK to the Netherlands and then dropped of at DPD in Veenendaal. In which case there is hope that today my box is handed over to PostNL. I think PostNL does not update status until early next morning while DPD does that more frequently. This is my next hopeful theory, previous ones were shattered.

jay.dee and RiRiIII like this.
  17. mibrighton

mibrighton Forum Resident

Credit where due .. just had a very nice lady ring me from Warners to check my parcel had arrived safely. She had been watching the tracking non progress. While talking I did ask about the posters , not that I'm too concerned about them , and seems they will be posted out automatically.

18. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

In the early a.m. I saw my big box shipment had arrived at the local UPS facility, and now that I've awoken again, they subsequently managed to update the delivery address to my house and sometime today I should be getting it. No option this time to watch it tool around town while it's being delivered though, so it shows up when it shows up. (Signature required.)

Perhaps adding my PO Box address to their website application may have helped things along after all. No (possibly missed) phone calls or running around town or waiting for a postcard to show up days later were necessary this time it would seem...

dormouse and RiRiIII like this.
  19. fdog

fdog Well-Known Member

And the truck just drove up. :)

20. richierichie

#1969 :pineapple::bdance::bdance::pineapple: only joking!

21. richierichie

Maybe I didn't get #1969 (18?? forgot and too nackered to check after walking the hound) but my big box finally landed.

My heart sank when I saw the big outer box, it was battered as battered can be. My fears were unfounded upon opening the outer box the customised Woodstock cardboard box was surrounded by big fat bubble wrap and had no damage whatsoever. The wooden box is in great condition, one misplaced screw underneath which I can easily fix. I checked the books and other trinkets very pleasing. The books I will read, the Bluray will stay in the box, I have the 45th Anniversary 3 Disc Bluray set, as will the posters, diary and the other stuff.

I checked all the CDs, everyone was clean, no marks, scratched, duplicates. I put them all in Japanese clear 'envelopes' and they fitted back in the books easily.

I've planned my first listening session for tomorrow, I'll be listening in the correct order. Some people have said they couldn't imagine themselves listening to the 38 CDs more than once. Holding this set in my hands I can imagine myself listening to this many times and for a long time ahead.

Is it worth £625, yes, easily.

Would I pay the prices this set has been going for on eBay, no way. The price set by Rhino is right, no more, no less.

I hope those of you still waiting get your big box soon.

22. racerx20

racerx20 Forum Resident

I did finally receive a refund to my card after a *Second Request* email to customer service threatening to file a claim with my bank and contact the Better Business Bureau. I actually got a reply to that second request within a day and then the credit showed up a few days later. All total it took about 12 days to get refunded.

23. jvs52

jvs52 Forum Resident

I just got a mail from PostNL saying they received my parcel. Delivery is estimated between 13.45 and 16.15 tomorrow. :pineapple:

24. zakbowen

zakbowen Active Member

Hey @JesseG when you paid the customs & duties, did you get a letter in the mail about it or an email or something?

25. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I'm pleased to see that a few more people have now received their packages and there do not appear to be any issues with them. My outer box had taken a frightening amount of punishment too but like yourself the inner box was perfect.

Not sure if anyone else is still waiting on the forum. If so keep up the pressure. Looks like things are resolving now. Shame it could not have been a smoother passage. No doubt someone is trying to put together a press release stating that this is a metaphor for the travel chaos to the original concert and that it is part of the overall Woodstock experience! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.