Ringo: 'Let's remix the White Album'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clark V Kauffman, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Number 9? Number 9?

2. Spazaru

Spazaru Angry Samoan

Revolution 1 and 9, Piggies, Savoy Truffle, Wild Honey Pie, Bungalow Bill, Why Don't We Do It In the Road?, Yer Blues, Helter Skelter, Long Long Long, Honey Pie, Good Night.
    If these songs were by some other band, they'd be recognized as the mediocrities they are.
    I just never understood the White Album being considered great. It's one of their worst, but I guess compared to Magical Mystery Tour it sounded pretty good at the time, LOL.

The Beave likes this.
  3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

All the more reason to leave it alone...

keyse1 likes this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What pointless rationale will they use this time to re-mix The White Album? To make it sound more like the mono mix because if you haven't heard the White Album in mono, you haven't heard the White Album...?

keyse1 and Michael like this.
  5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

If THAT is your only exposure to 'mash-ups', you've missed some WONDERFUL stuff, over the past 12 years!

6. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Forum Resident

" It's wonderful to be here
    It's certainly a thrill
    You're such a lovely audience
    We'd like to take you home with us

We'd love to take you home " ;)

Better say we are jesting Steve unless in case someone thinks I am mate.:shh:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  7. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I can agree with you some of these.
    #9, Piggies, Honey Pie (wild and unwild), WDWDIITR.
    But Savoy Truffle is one of my favorite White Album songs. Yer Blues, Helter Skelter, and Long Long Long are also good in my opinion. Bungalow Bill I can take or leave, depending on my mood.

8. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

I think you're thinking remaster. A remix is a new mix of the original songs and would sound different.

DK Pete likes this.
  9. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

As big and significant as Pepper was for it's time, I think both The White Album and Abbey Road remixed will garner even more interest from the casual Beatle fan.

10. Maybe they'll screw it up like they they did with the Pepper remix. But of course I'll still buy it.

11. Casual fans don't give a crap about remixes and have no idea what they even are. With a few exceptions.

389 Tripower and supermd like this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

YES it does...number one responsibility.

13. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

What specifically is wrong with it?

Now it'll be compressed with fake reverb and fake stereo.

That sweet analog sound will be gone.

Thanks Ringo!

rxcory and Mazzy like this.
  14. zen

zen Senior Member

Great! I can fold it into a new mono mix as well.

The Beave likes this.
  15. Michael

what?! 3 times the charm!...how about bringing back the original as intended RS mix...shocking, eh? just think of it they could have a totally new campaign! THE ORIGINAL MIX just as you remember it! ! what a concept.

16. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

I hope this gets done. My understanding is George's widow killed Carnival Of Light being released. IMHO it should be Paul & Ringos decision. Once they pass then the estates. Don't think Olivia and Oh No Yoko should have equal say

17. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Generally, I agree..but what I'm saying is, far as remixes go-for whatever interest they hold for whom-i think people would be more interested in these two albums than in Sgt. Pepper. a great deal of the interest in Sgt. Pepper had to do with it's time-period significance. but strictly in a musical sense, I think White and Abbey Road would have greater appeal as remixes.

18. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I'm not defending those songs as you have every right to dislike them. But you can say that about the recorded material of almost any band. It gets down to the appeal of the band and how they make their original material sound. Some of the most classic songs of all time (Rock or otherwise)would lose half their impact when done by a cover artist.

Spazaru likes this.
  19. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

They each own 1/4 of Apple and can veto anything whether you like it or not.

20. Michael

HAHA! sad, but on the money...this "MONO" turn a stereo mix into a mono sounding mix B**S**& has to stop! Leave it alone...Damn. Wasn't the Pepper remix enough to make you cringe, wasn't the last Gilesfied disaster enough???

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  21. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

"Oh No Yoko" hasn't been much of a problem. Harrison was consistantly a miserable wet blanket when it came to archival releases, so it only makes sense that his widow is the same way. The Anthology albums would have been a lot better if not for Harrison's efforts to remove all of the cool stuff. So you should probably be blaming him.

vitorbastos123 and anthontherun like this.
  22. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Harrison was consistently a miserable wet blanket...
    You could have stopped there. He was pretty much a miserable wet blanket starting sometime around 1966 and that blanket never dried out. Ever.

23. Maybe in regards to some of the Beatles years but according to later close friends like some of the Pythons and Petty and Lynne, he was pretty happy and not miserable at all through the last 25 years of his life

24. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

I thought the comment about his miserableness was as it related to Apple and the other Beatles. Not that George, himself was miserable, but that he made his former bandmates (and apparently at least some SHF members) miserable by being such a wet blanket on Beatle-related issues and releases.

25. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Paul never died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.