Ringo Starr - New Album “What’s My Name” 10/25/19*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by enfield, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

:righton: but wrong day

2. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

[​IMG]

Here the songs regularly performed on the all starr band (no solo spot or specials songs only performed once) + Cut The Cake (not on my image) that are not available officially (can be CD, DVD). I also added the one off "Long Tall Sally"

maccawings likes this.
  3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The Devil made me do it! :)

4. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Then I’ll look back on Tuesday

5. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

You know I thought I smelled sulfur!

mrjinks likes this.
  6. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I knew the two Jack Bruce songs were without Ringo. I just like Jack Bruce. And I think I was mixing up In The Court Of The Crimson King with Karn Evil 9 for being a song without Ringo.

Victor46542 likes this.
  7. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

8. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Oh Lord, I refuse to think that everything Mike posts is a clue, but what the heck does this mean?

theMess and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  9. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

Ringo with Paul and John... but no George.

10. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

they're kicking George out of the group and are now calling themselves 3 Squared or using math 9

11. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Well, I'm almost sure that means Paul and Ringo finishing off a Lennon track (Grow Old With Me) :agree:

theMess, BeatleJWOL, omikron and 2 others like this.
  12. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Could "Grow Old With Me" be constructed similarly to the "Back Off Boogaloo" bonus track on Give More Love?

Longtime Ringo Starr Engineer Talks New Album, Working With Paul McCartney on His Day Off

“He had shipped all his stuff over here from England during the auction. They consolidated everything he had. He had storage areas all over the place. I don't know if it was him or his assistant were going through some of the stuff and they found this quarter-inch reel-to-reel tape and they put it on. It was Ringo, just him on guitar singing and playing 'Back Off Boogaloo'. There was just a cool vibe.

“Ringo's idea initially was to get Jeff Lynne to take that tape – it was like a minute long -- and turn that into something. Jeff took it and sent us something back, then I told Ringo let me work with it. I had to manipulate the tempos and do all the Pro Tools editing you do these days and kind of married it to what Jeff did. Then Ringo played drums on it and we got Nathan East to put a bass on it. The front piece is from that original quarter-inch tape. There's a little bit in the middle from the quarter inch tape that I put in there. The rest of it is all new with Ringo singing. With the background vocals, Ringo said to get some of the vocals from the original record he did with George and put that in it, too, so it would kind of be three different generations of Ringo on the record.

"So we've got Ringo from when he first wrote it, then part of his distorted original vocal, then the new vocal that we did here. It's an interesting conglomerate. Plus Joe (Walsh) played slide guitar on it, another cool thing. It's an interesting example of what you can with digital editing these days.”​

theMess, BeatleJWOL, Ludger and 6 others like this.
  13. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Oh boy, am I slow this morning. Coffee!

johnny moondog 909 and lavalamp3 like this.
  14. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

JaPaRi3

15. WildWildHorses49

WildWildHorses49 Forum Resident

uh-oh, looks like we're gonna cry like babies

16. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

This is going to be amazing.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Central Park, NYC, February 1964, while George was in bed since he had the flu and was resting up for the Ed Sullivan Show.
    Correct?

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Notice Jack Douglas hiding in the bushes... ;)

theMess, BeatleJWOL, omikron and 8 others like this.
  19. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

Are there any doubters left ?

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  20. A well respected man

If this is confirmed, it makes sense, it's like closing the Anthology circle: Yoko gave the Threetles 4 demos. They finished and released two. One of the others was worked on (Now and Then), and Paul said he may finish it and release it some day. But the one they didn't tackle was Grow Old With Me. It's a pity that George is no longer with us, but Paul and Ringo may not be active for many more years, so it's a good idea if they really have finished this song.

21. johnny moondog 909

Mike Carrera posting this early this morning is game over. But we knew anyway probably...announcement I assume is Mon or Tues..

This is a great day...they're under orders to not tell yet, but nobody can complain if we figure it out. Once Jack Douglas blabbed & Beatlefan published the tracklist, it was kind of impossible to miss
    ..& Mike's hints just make us feel good, confirming what we already concluded or wanted to conclude..

Mike Carrera is one of us, he wouldn't tease about a track with Ringo Paul & John....its over !! Now all we gotta do is hear it, get the details of who did what....& find out if there's more !!

lavalamp3 likes this.
  22. A well respected man

So maybe Ringo gets GOWM for his album and Paul Now and Then for his? One man can dream... :p

23. johnny moondog 909

I've chased this like an addict for 24 years, since reading about Now & Then in Beatles monthly & other blurbs..prior to the Anthology 3 release...Of course we aren't getting Now & Then..we're getting the other one.....frankly imo it's a better song....of course like everyone else here, I'll be nervous until we get official confirmation..

Of course we aren't getting an official Beatles release, it's Ringo Starr, with Paul & John...with John doing that high part...I wonder how the 3 part vocals worked out..maybe they found a different demo of John...there are better ones...or splice pieces of 2-3 different John demos together

This is a glorious day...the lack of a new track on Anthology 3 left me cold for 24 years.. I always felt you needed at least 1 song from Paul Ringo & George..Beatles albums were never just John....vocally or writing...we need Now & Then or some kinda Paul song to have proper closure...but this is GREAT !!! I'm guessing Joe Walsh on lead/slide.. sigh.... as Paul said in 1997..It's Gonna Be A Great Day...

24. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

:tsk:

johnny moondog 909 likes this.
  25. johnny moondog 909

Don't do that what ??? Oh I got it all wrong.....sorry..ok everybody.sorry..

Can't read minds, you'll have to help me ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.