RIP June Carter Cash

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

How true Jim. The fact of the Carter Family's importance to American music cannot be overstated. Even Johnny was aware of this when he and June married. As his popularity grew he was concerned to a degree about overshadowing June; someone that he admired musically and could name as an influence as well as a contemporary and companion.

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

My heart goes out to Johnny and his family. A tragic lost, R.I.P. June.

3. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Rest in peace.

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

May she rest well. May Johnny's broken heart heal. :cry:

5. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

How sad

Just a lovely woman and so talented. How very very sad.
    I just saw Rosanne Cash last month for the first time even though I have been a fan for years. I could always tell from her songwriting and singing that she is a sensitive woman. We all know she has been through a lot in her life. When I saw her show I was really taken by just how much of a kind and soulful lady she is as well as just a huge talent. I got to talk with her for a few minutes after the gig. I wanted to ask about her dad and his wife but just couldn't. Now she is gone and he's not well at all. It's just very sad.

My prayers to the Cash family.

Peace
    Norm

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Johnny won't be the same. I don't blame him.

:(

7. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

RIP
    This is sad. Thoughts and prayers for The Man In Black and the whole Cash/Carter Families.

Outside my door the rain is falling.... A cold, wild wind will come... Well there's someone for me, somewhere...But I still miss that one.

8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Rest in peace June.

9. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

My deepest sympathy to the Cash and Carter families. Rest in peace June.:(

10. My thoughts and prayers are with Johnny, Carlene, and the rest of the Carter and Cash famiies.

11. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

May God bless the entire Cash and Carter family.
    June Carter had a full and rich life and she left behind a proud legacy.

RIP June Carter.

:(

Dan C

12. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Rest In Peace, June

13. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

I always think of June when I listen to "Ring of Fire" because I really think that is their song. Listen to that record. How many of us can say they met someone who affected them like the characters in that song?

Man, they were both lucky to find each other.

I love Johnny Cash, I hope he can live through his toughest battle of many, I would imagine this is the hardest part of life.

Michael Nelson

14. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

My condolences go out to Johnny and the rest of the Cash-Carter family. I hope he is strong enough to overcome this latest tragedy. Ironically, I just picked up a book last weekend titled "Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone?"The biography of the Carter Family and their influence on our American musical heritage. I will read it with a greater sense of sadness now.

15. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Sad news... rest in peace!

16. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

June is sadly missed. One of the best decisions I ever made was to drive up to the 9:30 Club in Wash. DC for a Johnny Cash show back in 1996. Johnny was great, but June was an unexpectedly refreshing addition to the evening. She had a sensibility that few possess, and it allowed her to see the strength in Johnny that the drugs and the fame kept him from realizing in himself for so many years.

Surely these are sad days for Johnny Cash. And, yes, he looks his age and his mileage in the "Hurt" video. I think, though, that the strength June helped him find will be with him through it all. Just looking at him at 71 years of age, I still see something spiritual in him that will never leave. I think he will survive, and in some way June will continue to sustain him.

God bless June Carter. God bless Johnny Cash.

17. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

What a sad loss. May the Circle be Unbroken indeed.

Dave

18. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

This is so very sad. Looking at the "Hurt" video, there would be no way one would figure that she would end up going first. Poor Johnny. I hope this does not sap his will to live.

RIP June Carter Cash.:(

19. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

It's a shame and very saddening. I had thought that Johnny would go before she would. To have this happen was totally unexpected, not that it would be any better or worse the other way around. She had a nice 'Country' voice, and it will be missed.

20. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Carlene Carter

Y'know I mentioned Rosanne Cash in my earlier post knowing full well that she is not June's daughter but completely forgot about Carlene Carter who, of course is.
    Some year she has had eh? First Howie Epstein and now this.

Damn

Peace,
    Norm

21. stever

stever Senior Member

I'll bet NO ONE thought she would go before Johnny.

22. RDK

RDK Active Member

Very sad. What makes it worse is the feeling that Johnny won't be far behind. Not so much because he's been so ill recently, but because one senses that he just can't go on without her. It was that kind of love they had between them.

23. AKA

AKA Senior Member

That's exactly what I can't help but think, too. It's sad, but things like this happen with couples who have been married for many decades.

24. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

My grandparents were married for fifty years, and my grandmother went first. It completely sapped my grandfather's will to live, and he passed only eight months later.

25. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

my heart continues to break for the entire Carter/Cash family. Believe me, a lot of people are very saddened by this course of events.
    June's services will be at First Baptist Church in, I believe, Hendersonville, TN on Sunday at 2:00pm.
    Apparently Channel 5 there will broadcast it live.
    I just can't imagine how Johnny and John Jr. are feeling now, as well as Carlene, Roseanne and Kathy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.