Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquid77

Liquid77 Forum Resident

Seattle show was a blast, very impressed with the sound in a football stadium. Great energy from the entire band and I voted for BOB and it actually won!

2. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Start me Up was added to setlist.fm after I posted that.

Keep an eye for Brown Sugar Seattle videos. Keith was clam free for almost the entire night until that song came along which verged on falling apart with band members desperately looking around for cues on who to follow.

Beast of Burden was a highlight, lots of camera up for that songs compared to warhorses plus Mick nailed the falsetto bit.

3. Last night was flippin' brilliant .... loved it. Ronnie sure is carrying the load on guitar. Mick is incredible. Gives me confidence I can still be active in my 70's if I keep active now.

Best stage setup I've seen outside of Roger Waters Battersea Power Station stage.

Hot Ptah, budwhite, GoodKitty and 4 others like this.
  4. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

Hot Ptah, TonyCzar and Lk4605 like this.
  5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

A bit wobbly at the start (not in video) and at the end, but the only calamity was the sax solo, imho.

6. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I thought Keith had the rhythm locked down pretty tight for the entire duration of Brown Sugar, not at all “falling apart.” I guess I look at live Stones differently. I didn’t care for the sax solo so much.

Anyway it’s great to see Keith having so much fun with this iconic riffing after all these years.

7. DavidD

DavidD Forum Resident

For my tastes last night in Seattle, Sympathy For The Devil and Midnight Rambler were absolutely terrific, live. The power of Richards guitar in Sympathy blew my mind! I've never heard anything like it in my life! And Jagger opening on the harmonica, well, it set the stage for a perfect live presentation of such an iconic song.

The next songs that impressed me were Beast Of Burden (I thought Jagger's voice was brilliant!), You Got Me Rocking (Ronnie Wood shined brightly on this cut, but he did that a number of times last night, actually) Sweet Virginia, You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Miss You.

For an outdoor stadium, it could not have been better -- the sound, the backdrop with the city, the calm, warm weather, the sound, and the 'game on' effort by the entire band and ensemble was top-notch!

8. Lk4605

Lk4605 Forum Resident

Great version, they are on top form....

Hot Ptah likes this.
  9. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I hope the put out a blu ray from this tour. I want to have a video in my library of a newly sober Keith up in the mix .

footlooseman and Hot Ptah like this.
  10. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

... So, you weren't there? Just commenting on shaky Brown Sugar or great Midnight Rambler based on video taken on phones?

quicksrt and MrGrumpy like this.
  11. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Santa Clara vote...........

Sad Sad Sad
    Mercy Mercy
    Just My Imagination
    Rocks Off

12. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Sad Sad Sad!

twicks likes this.
  13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

why is a song that was a staple of the first few shows this tour now a vote tune? i think thats what bothers stones fans

Hot Ptah, reb, John Fell and 2 others like this.
  14. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

The Stones have a deep deep catalog. They could put on a show with 5 non repeated songs every night of the tour. But they don't , which I suppose is because they could never remember the words and music to all those wonderful songs. Plus, they have to play the warhorses to satisfy the masses. Sigh...:sigh:

laf848, Bullis, footlooseman and 5 others like this.
  15. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

True but why is a song they played several dates now a song to vote for?

16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Because they are well rehearsed and can comfortably play it without having to put forth any extra effort. Make sence ??

footlooseman and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Play this please . I've always loved the song. Sittin', drinkin' superficially thinkin'...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  18. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

I'd like to hear "In Another Land" but I suppose that would be out of the question. :laugh:

19. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

I voted for Rocks Off. Not really thrilled with half the choices being cover songs, and for my taste, Sad Sad Sad could be left behind in 1989. But I love Rocks Off, so it’s all good ;-)

20. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

I don't see a title they've played on several dates -- ?

21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Sad Sad Sad

Chicago 1; Ontario; New Orleans

Mercy, Mercy

Landover

Rocks Off

Landover

22. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

3! I guess I stopped counting. Maybe one of the big four said "Not unless it wins the vote!!"

Which is a shame. I thought it came off well this year.

23. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Santa Clara was great!! They actually exceeded my expectations for a modern show. And "Out of Control"?! That was a very pleasant surprise. Especially since it seemed to have replaced "You Got Me Rocking".
    [​IMG]

24. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Rocks Off won the fan vote last night.

Meyer, Matthew Tate, btltez and 3 others like this.
  25. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

This lame Sax solo reinforces the absense and importance of the the late great Bobby Keys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.